Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell jag e type

happy grumpy

Nice kit to build certainly easier than heller's. I went for a lighter color although they look nice in british green I wanted a lighter tone. Tamiya acrylic mix of yellow and white clear coated with TS13. Not my finest model but quite happy with the results. 

Soon I will be able to take outside photos  I hope. Thank you all for looking.

jaguar e type 02 (2).jpg

jaguar e type 03.jpg

jaguar e type 04.jpg

jaguar e type 05.jpg

jaguar e type 06.jpg

jaguar e type 07.jpg

• Like 4

Looks great, especially the way it's posed and photographed in your very convincing and realistic setting.

That said, I still can't get past the incorrect windshield height. Not your fault, of course, and the rest of Revell's proportions look fine.

How really good this model looks is inspirational as well.

Thanks to your post here, I think I've determined how to achieve a relatively easy fix for what has been bothering me about this kit.   :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
TYPO

Yellow is not the color often seen on these cars, but I like it!  Nice model and photography.

I'm also curious if you had the mismatched width between the cowl and the bonnet?  If yes, how did you take care of it?

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Thanks to your post here, I think I've determined how to achieve a relatively easy fix for what has been bothering me about this kit.

Bill, if you mean the windscreen problem, I hope that you post your solution on the forum.

13 hours ago, peteski said:

Yellow is not the color often seen on these cars, but I like it!  Nice model and photography.

I'm also curious if you had the mismatched width between the cowl and the bonnet?  If yes, how did you take care of it?

Bill, if you mean the windscreen problem, I hope that you post your solution on the forum.

Thanks Peter, I did not have that gap between the cowl and bonnet but the it fits really tight, I had to enlarge the hole for the pin to fit in. Not the easiest kit but a really nice model despite the flaw that Bill pointed out which won't be easy to fix but he is probably already thinking of something . Hopefully Revell might fix it in future re-releases. In all, I am satisfied with it and  happy to have an alternative to the aging Heller kit.

regards,

p.s. Thanks to all for the kind words and comments.

3 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Just picked this kit up this morning, hope it turns out half as nice as yours !

Really nice photo back drop as well.have you posted a build on that?

Cheers

Thanks Bruce, this is a nice kit despite the windshield height issue .Once built ,it looks really nice and the instructions are really well done especially the Revell of Germany issue. As for the backdrop, I did not a WIP on that. I am not really good at WIP's. The basics of the backdrop is Pink Styrofoam, carved , painted and weathered as needed. Not apparent on the photos but there is a small office on the second floor. If I had more space I would have made a whole street but hey, one can only dream right ? 😉

• Like 1