Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017 Ford F150 Raptor

Finished this up a couple days ago.  Super simple kit with only 18 parts, but it looks the part when done.  I just wish it had the detail that their first gen Raptor snap kit has, as it runs circles around this one.  That being said though, I'm glad to have added this one to my collection.  Treated it to a lift to better fit the BFG Krawlers from Fireball Modelworks, and added some exhaust tips (brass tubing) since the kit has none.  Paints are Tamiya TS-26 Pure White over a TS-34 Silver Leaf base.  TS-42 Light Gunmetal for the flares, bumpers, and wheels.  Rustoleum 2X Flat Black for the bed & chassis.  Interior is Krylon Short Cuts Flat Black, as is the hood insert.  With 27 decals in the interior, that was probably the most time consuming part of the build.  Treated the rear windows & moonroof to Tamiya TS-71 Smoke as well.  A fun little build!  Thanks for looking and any comments or questions.

2v2aGMncVxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnigxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnDWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnPCxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMn4GxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnmnxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnWGxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMngWxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnshxAKN8F.jpg

2v2aGMnkLxAKN8F.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys!  While the kit is nothing to write home about, at least it looks the part and builds easy.

On 4/23/2022 at 7:54 AM, Plowboy said:

That is soooo danged sharp Tony! I love the lift and bigger tires on it! They really make all of the difference on it. Nice and tidy work everywhere. Are the stripes on the seats decals or did you paint those?

Thanks Roger!  I think the tires really brought it to life too.  Had 'em laying around needing a home for some time now.  Yeah the stripes on the seats are decals.  They laid down better than I thought they would, was a little apprehensive at first, especially the fronts.

Edited by bogger44

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...