Model Cars Magazine Forum

9 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Kevin what you see in my picture is how I removed them from the shipping box. They are shorter in length than the AMT kit tracks. I have to check and see if they are going to work. 

Understood, although the stock kit tracks seem just a skosh too long for me, so this might hopefully even things out. Are the parts inside the curled tracks at the bottom of the photo how you link the ends?

I gotta tell ya, seems they have added a *lot* of additional D8 parts since I ordered in the late Winter of this year. Makes me want to - almost - build another!  ;)

1 hour ago, KevinCarroll said:

Understood, although the stock kit tracks seem just a skosh too long for me, so this might hopefully even things out. Are the parts inside the curled tracks at the bottom of the photo how you link the ends?

I gotta tell ya, seems they have added a *lot* of additional D8 parts since I ordered in the late Winter of this year. Makes me want to - almost - build another!  ;)

Yea there’s one link in the tracks left out and a rod to slide in to close up the tracks. The tracks are the correct length. You  are right they have added more items for the D8. They even have a rev.2 version for the tracks and a reduced price for the rev. 1 ones I bought. 

B81A7B50-2D72-4592-8AA7-54C432552D89.jpeg

B4E4A76F-9CBD-477C-A757-80450171012D.jpeg

FD859F49-9E07-47B4-95A7-3CBEE1AD2B45.jpeg

Edited by Mopar - D

58 minutes ago, gotnitro? said:

Huuuuge improvement over stock,  really like the way the ROPS changes look of stock dozer

Those tracks look great too

I totally agree!  Looking forward to the rest of the dozer build!

23 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Huuuuge improvement over stock,  really like the way the ROPS changes look of stock dozer

Those tracks look great too

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm seriously thinking of retro-fitting mine, just completed earlier this year. These went right over the kit idler and drive sprockets, right Dan?

RS #4+, CAT.jpg

7 hours ago, David G. said:

Those tracks are well worth the money spent on them. 

David G.

Agreed. I know that this group is but a small sampling of the overall model building community, but between the interest here in aftermarket sales and the multiple (re-re)-releases of this venerable D8 kit by AMT et al, you have to wonder if, in a similar vein, a new 1/25 scale construction equipment kit might be at least a moderately successful kit? 

But more to the point.......onwards and upwards, Dan!! Build on, brother!  😅

10 hours ago, KevinCarroll said:

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm seriously thinking of retro-fitting mine, just completed earlier this year. These went right over the kit idler and drive sprockets, right Dan?

RS #4+, CAT.jpg

Thanks Kevin, yes the new tracks fit over the kits idler and drive sprockets . I agree some new construction equipment would be great. 

9 hours ago, David G. said:

Those tracks are well worth the money spent on them. 

David G.

No regrets here just wish they didn’t have to take so long to ship. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, Engine 51 said:

I’ll bet installing that fan guard was a test of patience. 

Yea it was Joe but it was worth it. 

13 hours ago, David G. said:

The fan guard looks great!

I' always impressed by what PE parts can do for the appearance of a build.

David G.

Thanks Dave 

On 5/27/2022 at 4:19 PM, OldTrucker said:

Going to look awesome when it's done!

Thanks Johnny 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:23 PM, Dutzie said:

Beautiful!

Thanks Brian 

7 hours ago, David G. said:

What a great looking workhorse!

David G.

Thanks David