Model Cars Magazine Forum

SNAKE 45

1972coronet

Hey  Snake45, get well soon! Now you'll have time to catch up on all those Snake-fu projects you have been wanting to do. Remember there is no one who can fill your shoes like you do ,Grasshopper! Model on and get well! Or vise-versa? God Bless

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:26 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Get well soon...or we'll shoot this dog.

If You Don't Read The Onion's New Clickbait Parody Site ...

This made me chuckle. For some reason, I remember the controversy Car & Driver mag created using that same tag line and similar pic back in the mid-80s. I think it was imploring people to subscribe or something. I have no idea why I remember this. I would have been like 13 years old or something and had a C&D subscription, probably just for the pictures.

Anyway, glad you're on the mend Snake. :)

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

This made me chuckle. For some reason, I remember the controversy Car & Driver mag created using that same tag line and similar pic back in the mid-80s. I think it was imploring people to subscribe or something. I have no idea why I remember this. I would have been like 13 years old or something and had a C&D subscription, probably just for the pictures.

Originally it was a gag in National Lampoons Magazine , but I firstly remember it from Car & Driver from the early-mid 1980s, as do you.

3 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Originally it was a gag in National Lampoons Magazine , but I firstly remember it from Car & Driver from the early-mid 1980s, as do you.

Yup, here's the original cover. You couldn't get away with it today. It's snowing too hard.

Heck, you'd be lucky get away with it back in the early '80s when I had a subscription.

National Lampoon Kill the Dog Magnetic Canvas Print Fridge Magnet 6x8 Large  | eBay

• Thanks 1

He'll be back when he feels up to it. I do know what happened but it's not for me to say.

I can say though, don't look for him back for a few more weeks. Maybe less if all goes well.

Patience people.

Edited by Can-Con
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1