Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lotus Europa

Got this  with a gift card from work.  Thought it was a pretty interesting car and wanted it in the collection.  It's a Tamiya kit that went together quite well.   There is a bit of a fit issue with the rear though.  I also don't like some of the plated parts using real metal.  Over all though, it's a really nice kit.

51992094992_75592e04cc_k.jpgSAM_0914 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

51993094736_a785de307d_k.jpgSAM_0915 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

51993156648_20240e98c8_k.jpgSAM_0916 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

51993371399_d166a79a63_k.jpgSAM_0917 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 4

Good looking Europa. The red works well. The decals look well done. Did you have any problems getting them on? I have this kit on the bench right now, and have recently applied the decals. It was quite a chore getting them on straight and tidy. Thankfully, I found them to be very high quality decals.

12 hours ago, Bainford said:

Good looking Europa. The red works well. The decals look well done. Did you have any problems getting them on? I have this kit on the bench right now, and have recently applied the decals. It was quite a chore getting them on straight and tidy. Thankfully, I found them to be very high quality decals.

Yes, I hated that the ones for the roof and rear were in three separate decals.  In fact I think I broke the ones on the rear and as I applied the clear coat they moved a little bit.