Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stumptown 1991 Ford Mustang GT

mrmike

It was pointed out to me elsewhere that the wheel depth was too far in and I had noticed it before and it bothered me.  Since I was originally concerned with the stance of the model, wheel depth was next.  I had only pushed the wheels on with no glue and now I can control the depth by pushing the wheels out to the edge of the wheelwells.  Here is my Stumptown Mustang GT and my Spenser For Hire Mustang GT.  My Spenser For Hire Mustang GT was built with the kit wheels and tires.

Dex Parios will return...

Dex34.JPG

Dex35.JPG

Dex36.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Paint was flyin" this afternoon!  I primed and painted the hood and body of the Mustang GT with Tamiya TS-18 Metallic Red.  When dried, I will "dirty" the finish.

Dex40.JPG

Dex41.JPG

Dex42.JPG

Edited by mrmike

17 hours ago, Dirkpitt289 said:

The one I have is the New Monkees Mobile 🤮 The body is a 87/88 but the engine and interior is from a 83/84. Lots of work to fix this one

The correct interior is available in other versions of the Monogram convertible. I may have what you need ......

I added the air intake tube and it didn't fit.  I trimmed the air box and I tried to make it fit and I eventually removed it.  I will have to make one from scratch.  I added an ignition coil and mounted it on the shock tower.

Dex43.JPG

Dex44.JPG

Dex45.JPG

Thanks Carl!  I added a set of heater hoses to the Mustang GT last night to match my Spenser For Hire 1987 Mustang GT.  This is something I haven't done in a while and I should start doing  this again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dirk and Carl!  Yeah, the Stumptown Mustang GT was pushed towards the back of the bench to make room for another project.  I'm trying to pull it back to the front of the bench and work on it when I can.

I have been looking at the headlights for Dex's Mustang GT and I started wondering about how to go about painting them.  I do want them to look realistic, but I couldn't remember where I saw the painting guide.  With necessity being the mother of invention, I started by painting the directionals and the fog lights with Tamiya X-26 Clear Orange.  This morning I was looking at the headlights and I thought that maybe some Tru-Color TCP-013 Aluminium paint would take away all of that chrome and I thought that it looked pretty good.  Then I dry-brushed some Aluminium paint over the fog lights to dull the Clear Orange and I liked that as well.

Dex53.JPG

Dex54.JPG

Dex55.JPG

It took me a couple of tries at this and it was a while to do.  I painted the taillights with Tamiya X-11 Chrome Silver paint.  It may take me a while to do with Tamiya X-27 Clear Red. 

Dex56.JPG

Dex57.JPG

Dex58.JPG

I hear you Carl!  My hands are not as steady as they were.   I painted the entire section on my Spenser Mustang GT just one color, but I decided to try and paint the louvers separately on the Stumptown Mustang GT.  The good news is that alcohol doesn't affect dried Tamiya paint and it removed the fresh Tamiya silver from the raised surfaces.  I may add another coat of silver paint to the louvers, let it dry and then add the clear red paint.

• 2 weeks later...