Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jada 1/24 1964 Chevrolet Impala Wagon--modified and detailed

rsmodels

This is an older Jada. It took quite a while to find a couple of these that were low enough in price. I've detailed the white one and  the blue one you see in some photos is as it came.

I painted the roof blue, used AMT Chevelle hubcaps and Firestone Supreme tires, painted the engine, and added some detail to the chassis (see before and after photos), and added a better side mirror.

I painted and detailed the interior using decals on the seats. I added foil trim to the body, blacked out the grille, foiled the aluminum panels on the bumpers so they aren't as shiny, and a few other things.

For a cheap diecast I don't think it turned out too bad. The grille and front bumper are a bit off but from most angles the model looks okay.

I hope you like the photos and feel free to comment.  Thanks for looking   -Rich

DCFC0088.JPG

DCFC0091.JPG

DCFC0023.JPG

DCFC0027.JPG

DCFC0033.JPG

DCFC0034.JPG

DCFC0036.JPG

DCFC0071.JPG

DCFC0079.JPG

DCFC0083.JPG

DCFC0019.JPG

DCFC0022.JPG

DCFC0008.JPG

DCFC0017.JPG

DCFC0006.JPG

DCFC0032.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, TNT said:

Your work really sets it apart from the other. Never seen a larger die cast wagon. Guess i better start looking.

Thanks for your kind comments on this and the 58 Chevy. These wagons are out there if you keep looking but can be a bit pricey. -Rich