Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project Terminator

My birthday was this last Monday 4/25, and my wife let me order these two models. I’ll be building my version of the tanker truck from the first Terminator movie. Not sure when I’ll be able to start working on it, but I’ll be posting as I’m building it.

415DAE67-5CA8-4B4F-AA30-6D317C47BB1A.jpeg

8E18203F-265B-49B3-A549-CCAF3D54C64C.jpeg

18 minutes ago, James Maynard said:

I'll be watching this one. I've always wanted to build that truck. Problem is I could never tell what color the cab was.

It’s always looked like a brown or a brown bronze color to me. The interior has always looked a silvery gray color.

3 hours ago, James Maynard said:

I would soak all of the plated parts of the trailer in something like super clean a couple days and remove the plating. Trust me that kit is tough and goes together much better with the plating gone. I'd paint the tanker silver and the rest gray.

Great, Thank You for the suggestion. The trailer undercarriage is going to be black, to match the trucks chassis.

49 minutes ago, James Maynard said:

No problem. And the frame is plated too so yeah soak it in Super Clean a couple days and the plating will be history. It will look much better painted without the plating on it, and be easier to assemble too.

Great, Thank You.

4 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

You gonna add Arnold to the front as a hood ornament?

int012300aut0_3066.jpg.8d803585059ce897191ee38e032528f2.jpg

snap180.1.jpg.f71bf085b05744471a326ca393a3e6ba.jpg

If I built this as a kid, I probably would have finished it off just like in the movie. If you get my drift.

snap184.jpg.9e7b597d8805a55dfe87ca90a0311b68.jpg

snap185.jpg.c8cd78c786d79f32f9095966e09f6455.jpg

I’d actually like to find a T800 Endoskeleton that’s 3 inches tall to put into the drivers seat of the truck.

2 hours ago, David G. said:

This looks like a fun project.

Maybe you already know that the truck that they blew up in the movie was actually a model too.

David G.

Yep. It was a 1/6 scale truck. I’m loving how well mines going together.

Cool build! I never paid this truck much attention in the movie. I didn’t realize that they blew up a model, but it is pretty obvious in the pictures posted. The other interesting thing is that I noticed in these pictures of the movie truck is that it is actually an IH 4070B Transtar II, with 4070A style headlights. I can’t help but wonder if it was a rebuild of the Gone in 60 seconds truck. 
Looks good so far! The Detroit looks good in yellow.

3 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Cool build! I never paid this truck much attention in the movie. I didn’t realize that they blew up a model, but it is pretty obvious in the pictures posted. The other interesting thing is that I noticed in these pictures of the movie truck is that it is actually an IH 4070B Transtar II, with 4070A style headlights. I can’t help but wonder if it was a rebuild of the Gone in 60 seconds truck. 
Looks good so far! The Detroit looks good in yellow.

Thank You.