Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Pontiac Bonneville. New Pics.

StevenGuthmiller

6 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Just because it’s been there before, don’t mean we won’t like seeing it again. Lovely. 

Thanks Scott, but I prefer to keep it fresh with builds that I haven't shown at a particular show before.

This year, I'll be bringing my latest '68 Coronet R/T build, along with maybe one or two old curbside builds, just so I can say I brought more than one. :P

I'm thinking maybe my '58 Bonneville convertible, and possibly my '60 Buick Invicta.

I'm still unsure.

Steve

4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Thanks Bill.

The cowl vents were just done by cutting out the holes and adding some wire mesh to the back side.

Not the most realistic solution, but the original cowl definitely needed something.

The Bonneville scripts were done in the same manner that I do all of my scripts.

The "foil under paint" technique, which in short is the process of foiling the script before the final color coats, and then cleaning the paint from the surface of the script with thinner.

Steve

Thanks for sharing. The cowl vents are something I would never thought of. The foil under paint trick is something I have done once, on my 70 Grand Prix restoration. It is about the ONLY way to get decent results from individual letter scripts. (Unless you are fortunate to have silver printed decals like my 70 Challenger R/T SE)

Wow,

The first thing that strikes me is the absolutely gorgeous colour scheme. Then the angle of the photography that highlights the exquisite build and bone stock look of the car. Just sublime Sir!

Cheers,                    
Wolf