Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Chevy Nova SS Street/Strip.

Dragonhawk1066

All finished with Revell's 1969 Chevy Nova SS. This kit was an absolute dream to build, just fantastic in every way. The paint is a custom mix using Decoart Extreme Sheen Garnet and Decoart Shimmering Silver craft paints airbrushed on, with Krylon Short Cuts Gloss Clear sprayed from the can. The trim was done with Bare Metal Foil.

The interior is Anita's Gloss Black craft paint with the floor area in Delta Ceramcoat Black. I used Green Stuff World Chrome on the roll bar. I added Valve stems, door locks, plug wires, and heater hoses for extra details. The carburetor is from Fireball Modelworks, air cleaner from Off The Sprue, and the Accel coil from Morgan Automotive Detail.

I made the mufflers from leftover sprue and .020" sheet styrene, and the exhaust pipes are 1/8" styrene tubing, and that was airbrushed with Green Stuff World Chrome over gray primer for more of a stainless steel look. The fit and finish on this kit was amazing and might just be the best overall kit I've built yet. I didn't even have to glue the grille/headlight piece onto the body, or the bumper onto that grille/headlight piece. If you haven't built this kit yet, you really need to, LOL! Thanks for looking!

DSCN0566.JPG

DSCN0567.JPG

DSCN0571.JPG

DSCN0573.JPG

DSCN0575.JPG

DSCN0578.JPG

DSCN0580.JPG

DSCN0582.JPG

DSCN0585.JPG

DSCN0590.JPG

DSCN0591.JPG

DSCN0593.JPG

DSCN0594.JPG

DSCN0629.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Very nice work! I love the added details. I have a couple of these in the stash to get to someday.

13 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Quite lovely 'X' there! That colour is sweet; its finish, perfect.
Does this kit include the 400 crank in order to make that 350 into a 383? 

Thanks! 🤔 You know, I'm not sure since there's only one engine and it can be built stock as well, 😂 LOL.

13 hours ago, Jim B said:

Great looking Nova.  Would that be considered Street Stock?

I agree, this kit does build up nicely.

Thanks! 🤔 I can't be sure as to it's class as technically it would have a non-stock crank and pistons, and does have an aftermarket Holley Carb, aluminum heads and an aluminum intake,😁 LOL.

13 hours ago, cobraman said:

Cool color, nice model.

3 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

Great build and finish quality. 

3 hours ago, Jantrix said:

Outstanding work. Very authentic.

Thanks everyone!

Really nice build. I have several colors of that extreme sheen paint and am going to try it on something. I have used it on ceramic projects before but not plastic models, YET. Great color, really great detail inside and out.👍

Jim

Beautiful looking finishes and cleanly detailed. I agree with you on this being a great kit. I built one when it first came out and was very pleased with the way it turned out. I like the theme of your build as a slightly modified street car as so many of these were. 

On 4/30/2022 at 10:37 AM, flamepainter said:

Really nice build. I have several colors of that extreme sheen paint and am going to try it on something. I have used it on ceramic projects before but not plastic models, YET. Great color, really great detail inside and out.👍

Jim

On 4/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, espo said:

Beautiful looking finishes and cleanly detailed. I agree with you on this being a great kit. I built one when it first came out and was very pleased with the way it turned out. I like the theme of your build as a slightly modified street car as so many of these were. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:06 PM, slusher said:

Beautiful Nova and really nice detailEd!!

On 5/1/2022 at 1:27 PM, Beamerman said:

Really nice! I need to build one too...:-)

18 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Very nice build, clean job !! 👍😀

10 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Very Nice!!!!  Excellent pant and detailing

4 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Very beautiful build and nice details under the chassis. I agree with you. this kit is really fun to build, no issues, everything fits nicely. It looks awesome in this color.

Thanks everyone!

Beautiful build, and I love the hood cowl. But I gotta admit the photos in the garage backdrop just bring a tear to my eye. I can remember being 16 and working my first job at a service station, Journey playing in the background, and my buddy doing hole shots in the lot with his '69 Nova with his 350 small block and Muncie rock crusher :) 

• Like 1