Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 3rd quarter

Mr mopar

18 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Any predictions for the 4th quarter?

The 71 Mustang, 70 Torino Cobra, and the Pulldozer Blazer off the top of my head. I think their was something else but I can't remember at the moment. 

• Like 1

Certainly , I'm not alone in this, regarding the 1969 Camaro SS: 
I wish that Revell would've:
- Created stock exhaust manifolds (while retaining the headers as an option)
- Created a regular exhaust (keeping the Chambered Exhaust as an option)
- Included the JL-2 bonnet from the COPO edition

Decal sheet looks nice (two coloured stripes option is nice), as does that "ice cube tray" hood. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hawk312 said:

I wonder if the big 1/8 Firebird Trans Am kit will be released in the US eventually.

It's up to individual shops and vendors to order Revell German releases, they are no longer forced shipped to retailers like they were under the Hobbico ownership. So yes it will be for sale here, no it will not be specifically reboxed and renumbered as a U.S. release.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:21 AM, Plowboy said:

I'll probably get the '32 for parts and I'll definitely snag the '55. Looks like the black and blue '55 has the "Badman" parts on it. Maybe it comes with parts for both?

I hope so, I do see some in the pic.

22 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

Take a close look at the 81 Camaro. It's an old Revell snap kit, not the Monogram 1/24 kit we've been getting lately. 

It's a shame it's not the Monogram snap kit, it was a hardtop and has a nicely proportioned body without the ill fitting T-Tops.

15 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Certainly , I'm not alone in this, regarding the 1969 Camaro SS: 
I wish that Revell would've:
- Created stock exhaust manifolds (while retaining the headers as an option)
- Created a regular exhaust (keeping the Chambered Exhaust as an option)
- Included the JL-2 bonnet from the COPO edition

Decal sheet looks nice (two coloured stripes option is nice), as does that "ice cube tray" hood. 

A proper set of manifolds and exhaust system can be found in the Yenko Nova (red car on box) or Nova SS (blue car on box) kits from Revell. The chambered exhaust was not as common.

The cowl induction hood on the COPO / ZL-1 Camaro is fairly common and wouldn't be surprised to see it included in the kit.

3 hours ago, Fat Brian said:

According to their site it is.

While it escaped the reviewers in both of the model mags (at the time), Revell fixed the incorrect lower rear quarter panel treatment in the Torino GT (green cover car) reissue a few years ago, along with some other minor corrections.  I would imagine those changes would also carry over to this release.   TB   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tim boyd said:

While it escaped the reviewers in both of the model mags (at the time), Revell fixed the incorrect lower rear quarter panel treatment in the Torino GT (green cover car) reissue a few years ago, along with some other minor corrections.  I would imagine those changes would also carry over to this release.   TB   

Yep, I was going to use one of the new bodies with the old Cobra parts but now I won't have to.

Well, I'm probably in for the '81 Z28, '85 Z28, '32 Ford Roadster, '70 Plymouth Road Runner, and hopefully at least a couple of the '71 Olds'. With these and everything else Revell is planning to release this year, I'm probably going to have to sell a couple of body parts, LOL.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bob terry said:

Do any of you folks know if the 70 Torino will have the Ford Motorsports valve covers and the headers?

The original big box version didn't have them, I'm not sure about the small box release from a few years ago.

1 hour ago, bob terry said:

Do any of you folks know if the 70 Torino will have the Ford Motorsports valve covers and the headers?

The last reissue had them -- the one with the green car on the box (c.2013?).
Revised (corrected) Revell '70 Torino GT Reissue album | Funman1712 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy. 

*EDIT* I'd have provided photos of my copy's contents, but it's buried deep in me stash.

Edited by 1972coronet

10 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

A proper set of manifolds and exhaust system can be found in the Yenko Nova (red car on box) or Nova SS (blue car on box) kits from Revell. The chambered exhaust was not as common.

The cowl induction hood on the COPO / ZL-1 Camaro is fairly common and wouldn't be surprised to see it included in the kit.

I watched HPI Guy's review-build of the new issue, and I didn't see the JL2 bonnet. 

I know that the 1969 [phantom] COPO Nova and the Yenko Nova include stock exhaust manifolds, but those kits have a newer-tooling Mark IV; witness the separate oil pan and different belts/pulleys (including the A.I.R. Pump-sans-plumbing). 
I haven't tried to see if they interchange between the c.1990 tooling 396-427-454 and the newer (c.2010?) BBC.

While the Chambered Exhaust doesn't bother me (my planned build of the COPO Camaro is of a SS/DA car -- open headers is all it'll have), it truly is a rare/unusual option for the X-bodies (likely the F-bodies as well).

5 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

The last reissue had them -- the one with the green car on the box (c.2013?).
Revised (corrected) Revell '70 Torino GT Reissue album | Funman1712 | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy. 

*EDIT* I'd have provided photos of my copy's contents, but it's buried deep in me stash.

Yes sir, The Street Burner issue has these parts. I'm wondering if this latest release will have them as well.

• Like 1

Quite frankly, I'm excited for the 3rd quarter in terms of stocking my shelves. There's a good amount of buzz around the revived Deuce Roadster and the 442 among my customers, and I've already had a few inquiries about the 3rd gen Camaro as well. 

The '71 442 ? Was the Convertible Kit a '72 MY ? I am not up to speed with GM Products . So the Chambered Exhaust was available in Cameros , 442's only during the 1069 MY ONLY . The Muffler OEM Supplier I was employed at .It was the only source for these . AP Mufflers and Parts .  IIRC , Fed Regulations (YEAH my Favorite Uncle) dictated all Tooling Removed and Destroyed Sept . 1969 . Noise Limitations ! Thanx ..