Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Guilty Pleasure" Music?

I listen to mostly classic/hard rock, classical and Jazz (drummers). And even though I admit and like Patsy Kline and Billy Holiday I also secretly like Rosanne Cash. Back in the late 80's when Target was getting rid of their vinyl they had her first 4 LP's marked down to 99 cents each. I bought them cause I thought maybe I'd like her more than her father and I did, sorry not a fan of Johnny. 

3 hours ago, cobraman said:

Maybe the only one but I am kind of partial to J.Geils and Alan Parsons Project.

I really like the "I Robot" album from Alan Parsons! The song 'I wouldn't want to be like you' is from the viewpoint of a robot..... The whole album is based on that concept.....

Edited by JollySipper
  • Like 1

A couple things.

German Schlager Music. I can't understand most of the words, but I like it.

Sea Shanties too.

Normally I am a Country Music, 80's Hair Metal fan with a real interest is Def Leppard and Krokus.

But then there are these....

Like this:

or this:

or this:

last one:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stavanzer said:

A couple things.

German Schlager Music. I can't understand most of the words, but I like it.

Sea Shanties too.

Normally I am a Country Music, 80's Hair Metal fan with a real interest is Def Leppard and Krokus.

But then there are these....

Like this:

or this:

or this:

last one:

Give this track a listen... "The Mariner's Revenge Song" by The Decemberists.

• Like 1

iv been listening to a lot of 80's pop music lately.  stuff like Tiffany, Samantha Fox, Fiona, Belinda Carlisle, etc.

and was listening to some old school Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson this morning.  i may also have some Emily Osment tracks on my IPod....  also have some Katy Perry...  and P!nk...  and i still listen to Ace of Base's The Sign CD on occasion...  maybe a couple Britney Spears songs... 

Yes, I love a certain singer, but as far as feeling guilty:

2gv2zf.gif.ed42a7ffed996fc19aec6a1412a88e69.gif

Regarding German schlagers, there's the 1968 East German teen comedy musical Hot Summer - fondly referred to over there now as the DDR's version of Grease, but it's really more like Beach Party. Lots of relentlessly catchy songs, including the opening number:

Lead actress Chris Doerk reminds me a bit of Gidget-era Sally Field.

I can't stand the sound of bagpipes. Well, I do like them in AC/DC's "It's a long way to the top....." I had to check this video out mostly because of the girl but I kind of like it. Sort of a Trans-Siberian Orchestra take on the sound of bagpipes.

36 minutes ago, TonyK said:

I can't stand the sound of bagpipes. Well, I do like them in AC/DC's "It's a long way to the top....." I had to check this video out mostly because of the girl but I kind of like it. Sort of a Trans-Siberian Orchestra take on the sound of bagpipes.

I had a neighbour learning to play the pipes a few years ago. I moved

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:57 PM, jaymcminn said:

Duran Duran's "Rio" album is my go-to musical guilty pleasure. Honestly, it's a great album from start to finish but as an 80's kid there's a certain stigma attached to being too into Duran Duran. 

Right there with you. There was girl in jr. high that I liked quite a lot and Duran Duran was her thing. So I listened to it and found I liked it quite a lot. Still do. 

Also, my mother is a huge Neil Diamond fan and that's what was played at home when I was a kid. I grew up with his music in the background. I've seen him live three times.