Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Guilty Pleasure" Music?

I grew up with this early electronica album

This was always my favorite:

The sillier side of their compositions.  Electronic music was very much a novelty at the time.  Most of this album was recorded by making various electronic noises and piecing them all together manually with little slices of tape--note by note.

• Like 1

I really appreciate a lot of the music David Bowie did, part of my holy trinity of artists: David Bowie, Lou Reed and Iggy Pop. Probably my favorite eras of his music was his "Berlin Years" when he worked with Brian Eno, after he'd left Roxy Music and was experimenting with his own solo career.

This song has been stuck in my head for over a week now.

"Yassassin (Turkish for: Long Live)"

• Like 2

Back in the mid-eighties one of the musicians I loved was J.G.Thirwell, he played under all types of names, Clint Ruin, and the one I first found about him was the different variations of Foetus. This was probably my favorite by him back then and I still pull it out and crank it when my wife isn't home, from the album "Nail". "Anything (Viva!).

Been listening to music I remember from my teen years. In a lot of ways not a good time in my life, my dad died right after I turned 14 but burying myself in music and my Koss headphones got me through a lot of anger... things were sure simpler.

Then my college years hit, an explosion of curiosity and creativity but I turned darker in my musical tastes and though I got lost in a few years of heavy addiction and alcoholism it was also a dichotomy of some of the most carefree years that I've ever experienced... 

...and I now return you to your regular programming. 

• 2 weeks later...