Model Cars Magazine Forum

You can kiss testors goodbye!

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

Maybe i just get unlucky with alot of kits and get lemons lol.  I'm not trying to sound whiny or anything like that cause trust me i LOVE this hobby (Can easily show proof of that).  It's just i expect good detail and fitment etc if i'm paying $35+ for a kit.  I don't mind little clean up here and there or cutting here and there or filling and sanding etc - but if the kit has horrible fitment issues, and hardly any details, and more flash than parts than yes I'm gonna be annoyed and probably trash it.  I know every company has there amazing kits, good, and bad kits. 

Like this one tractor kit i own.  Beautifully detailed  etc worth all $90 i paid for it. 

71AwofzrbaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.025a1654bfdb621f7bae5e9632653b6a.jpg

But than you have this trash lol that i went into with high expectations and was disgusted with.  Misaligned parts, fitment issues, etc maybe i got a lemon? But for $36 there shouldn't be ANY issues at all far as fitment goes.  Drive shafts were either to long or too short, and had some parts molded wrong.  

81Tl0t2isoL._AC_SL1500_.jpg.b08fc6180a85c67ecf4e15080616ceb9.jpg

I think the Ford is originally Italeri.