Model Cars Magazine Forum

Equus Bass 770

Ceaser_Salad

Greetings fellow weirdos!
I have come from the depths of the internet with one goal in mind, after seeing an ad for this beauty of a vehicle.
The Equus Bass in my opinion is the perfect modern muscle car. With interior up to spec with all modern vehicles, it retains the quintessential look of a real pure 60's muscle car. Resembling, in my mind, a combination of a Plymouth GTX and a '67 Fastback. My goal and plan is to kit bash a GTX, and a fastback with the interior of a Camaro. I need to make this, I need I need I need I want.
My first steps are... well actually buying the kits which I cannot do at this moment. However! I call upon you all to ask if any of you guys have donor bodies of fastbacks or front grills of gtx's out there.

First off, I will need to re sculpt the GTX front grill and chin to fit the more angular shape. I have no clue how, but I will figure it out. Also the GTX has 4 headlight, this only has 2 plus the fog lights underneath. Maybe the GTX isn't the best choice, but at this moment it is as close as I can get in my mind. The fastback body needs only minor adjustment, I would need to fill where the side vents are but otherwise I am going to leave it well enough alone. I would need the 770 Decals too. The interior will be just the Camaro interior from the 2017 Fiftieth anniversary Camaro.

To me, that looks more like a modern Camaro front end than a GTX. The hood bulge looks like it came from the Camaro, too. Maybe a Challenger front bumper, and make the grille opening a bit taller to fit full height headlight lenses? You could probably rework the Camaro bumper, too, to get the hump in the middle and a little more height. Just my thoughts.

Either way, it looks like it is going to be quite a bit of work. I'm looking forward to seeing the build. Good luck.