Model Cars Magazine Forum

reincarnated Christine

bonehead23

Adding another update on 5/13...almost ready to paint! So wa-a-a-y down at the end of this post you will see the latest progress . Now back to the original post comment.        I noticed in the magazine a section called "Models started and finished in the Model cars magazine Forum." OK, I'll bite. This is the beginning of the start. I got the Christine kit from my son, so I had to build it...but I also recently found an old Pro Street Coronet. The Dodge floor pan and tubs fit ok, but since the Plymouth has a full frame and the Coronet is a Unibody, I will cut the tubs and mate them with the Plymouth front half, tying the frame to the tubs so I can use not only the narrowed rear end, but the stock interior panels, front suspension with lowered spindles, and firewall. The Dodge front half is too narrow thus way too much work when I can use a lot of the stock parts easily. Of course I will use the DOHC Hemi option! My son came in as I was sorting parts, and said, "Cool! You're pimping it out!" Indeed I am. And I will document every step of the way and post it here. Do you suppose I will finally get one in the magazine? Today, (5/5/2022) I put the engine together...but even though they look nice, Detail master distributor kits are a real headache, all those tiny parts...but it comes with boot material and looms. Today, (5/7/22) things are looking better. I had to do some surgery to get everything to fit, especially the huge engine. 

SANY0127.JPG

SANY0128.JPG

SANY0129.JPG

SANY0130.JPG

SANY0131.JPG

SANY0133.JPG

SANY0134.JPG

SANY0135.JPG

SANY0153.JPG

SANY0154.JPG

SANY0155.JPG

SANY0156.JPG

SANY0159.JPG

SANY0160.JPG

SANY0161.JPG

SANY0163.JPG

SANY0164.JPG

SANY0166.JPG

SANY0167.JPG

SANY0168.JPG

SANY0169.JPG

SANY0172.JPG

SANY0173.JPG

SANY0174.JPG

SANY0175.JPG

SANY0176.JPG

SANY0001.JPG

SANY0002.JPG

SANY0003.JPG

SANY0004.JPG

Edited by bonehead23

Today I measured three times and cut once. After the glue dries, I will cut off the frame at the spring mounts and continue. Some folks questioned "DOHC Hemi" but it is included with the Coronet as an option. The heads have some nice detail and underneath it has four valves per cylinder. Too bad that detail gets hidden. One of the coolest parts in the Coronet are the Mickey Thompson Sportsman tires! When the plastic box containing all the parts is empty, it will be time for paint...but that is a long way off.

SANY0127.JPG

SANY0136.JPG

SANY0137.JPG

SANY0138.JPG

SANY0139.JPG

SANY0140.JPG

SANY0141.JPG

SANY0142.JPG

SANY0143.JPG

Edited by bonehead23
  • Like 1

This is an interesting project. But why are you starting a new thread for each update? Just add more to your existing posts. This just makes more work for the moderators who will eventually get around to combining them for you, I'm sure.