Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Montego GT master started.


Recommended Posts

I've started a master for the 1972 Montego GT. Does the side profile look OK? This will probably be my last master as I feel 3D printing has pretty much taken over. Maybe now I'll have more time to build those 3D printed cars!

DSCN1206.JPG

DSCN1207.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This, and other, bodies are among the version Revell could do using the guts of the S&H Torino. I wish Revell would do any version on that platform. The 1972 Gran Torino Sport is a natural.........like seen in FnF and Gran Torino......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd probably be interested in a copy of that model. I always thought the 72 Montego GT is a nice looking car. There is a "Cyclone" version of that car, possibly the one with 429 engine. I'm not that knowledgable about these cars, also they are quite rare...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear you may give up on making masters , I do understand but as good as printed bodies are they're not perfect and need some prep work . . . we still need great resin bodies like yours .  As for the 72 Montego GT , put me on the list !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JS23U said:

I'd probably be interested in a copy of that model. I always thought the 72 Montego GT is a nice looking car. There is a "Cyclone" version of that car, possibly the one with 429 engine. I'm not that knowledgable about these cars, also they are quite rare...

There was 30 Cyclones made. 20 429 9 351CJ and one MX formal roof 351CJ car. All automatics. Option was dropped after Dec. 71. I found a 351 ram air set up and put it on my GT 

 

 

 

 

8BCB0105-F8EE-43FF-808C-18644810582B.jpeg

Edited by yellowsportwagon
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2022 at 11:13 AM, Dave Van said:

This, and other, bodies are among the version Revell could do using the guts of the S&H Torino. I wish Revell would do any version on that platform. The 1972 Gran Torino Sport is a natural.........like seen in FnF and Gran Torino......

Or a Thunderbird!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

Or a Thunderbird!

Revell came very close to doing a 77 Thunderbird to go with the Monte Carlo snap kit. But it got cut before production. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Revell came very close to doing a 77 Thunderbird to go with the Monte Carlo snap kit. But it got cut before production. 

Oh the humanity!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

Any updates?

Oldmopars is working off my 2D cad drawing to make a 3D file for 3D printing the front grille and headlight areas. Once these parts are printed, I'll build the front end around them. Work is in progress. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Just wanted to show slow progress, but progress! Oldmopars printed the grille, and Yellowsportwagon has been helping with photos of his car. The front end is starting to come together. I'll keep plodding along and updating when there's something to show. After looking at the pictures, the 3D parts look great, what you see is dust, and the front end doesn't appear to have enough relief. It's properly pointy in person.

Montego (1).JPG

Montego (2).JPG

Edited by Repstock
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...