Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Montego GT master started.

Repstock

I've started a master for the 1972 Montego GT. Does the side profile look OK? This will probably be my last master as I feel 3D printing has pretty much taken over. Maybe now I'll have more time to build those 3D printed cars!

DSCN1206.JPG

DSCN1207.JPG

DSCN1208.JPG

• Like 3

This, and other, bodies are among the version Revell could do using the guts of the S&H Torino. I wish Revell would do any version on that platform. The 1972 Gran Torino Sport is a natural.........like seen in FnF and Gran Torino......

• Like 1

I'd probably be interested in a copy of that model. I always thought the 72 Montego GT is a nice looking car. There is a "Cyclone" version of that car, possibly the one with 429 engine. I'm not that knowledgable about these cars, also they are quite rare...

Sorry to hear you may give up on making masters , I do understand but as good as printed bodies are they're not perfect and need some prep work . . . we still need great resin bodies like yours .  As for the 72 Montego GT , put me on the list !!

5 hours ago, JS23U said:

I'd probably be interested in a copy of that model. I always thought the 72 Montego GT is a nice looking car. There is a "Cyclone" version of that car, possibly the one with 429 engine. I'm not that knowledgable about these cars, also they are quite rare...

There was 30 Cyclones made. 20 429 9 351CJ and one MX formal roof 351CJ car. All automatics. Option was dropped after Dec. 71. I found a 351 ram air set up and put it on my GT 

8BCB0105-F8EE-43FF-808C-18644810582B.jpeg

Edited by yellowsportwagon
  • Like 3

On 5/6/2022 at 11:13 AM, Dave Van said:

This, and other, bodies are among the version Revell could do using the guts of the S&H Torino. I wish Revell would do any version on that platform. The 1972 Gran Torino Sport is a natural.........like seen in FnF and Gran Torino......

Or a Thunderbird!

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

Any updates?

Oldmopars is working off my 2D cad drawing to make a 3D file for 3D printing the front grille and headlight areas. Once these parts are printed, I'll build the front end around them. Work is in progress. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to show slow progress, but progress! Oldmopars printed the grille, and Yellowsportwagon has been helping with photos of his car. The front end is starting to come together. I'll keep plodding along and updating when there's something to show. After looking at the pictures, the 3D parts look great, what you see is dust, and the front end doesn't appear to have enough relief. It's properly pointy in person.

Montego (1).JPG

Montego (2).JPG

Edited by Repstock
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...