Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Chevy Nova Yenko

bluestringer

Seems every time I get to the finish of a build things go wrong. Lost one of the door handles and the outside mirror, I was able to find replacements in my parts box. The decals gave me problems, both side ones broke, I tried lining them back up but was not very successful. But it was a fun kit, went together good and looks ok I think. I have another 69 Nova that's the special edition 2n1 that I will build into the drag version later this year. All comments welcome and thanks for looking. 

_IGP0905.jpg

_IGP0906.jpg

_IGP0907.jpg

_IGP0908.jpg

_IGP0910.jpg

_IGP0911.jpg

_IGP0913.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, espo said:

Looks great. I like the color and the finish looks good. Any long decals like these can be really frustrating at times. Good engine detailing. 

Thanks.

8 hours ago, crazyjim said:

Color is excellent and nice engine detailing.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

Good looking Nova.

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Dragonhawk1066 said:

Nice work, sharp color!

Thank you.

I hear you on being that close to the finish line and things going awry. Been there many many times. Usually at the tail end of a build I'm scared to death of handling a near finished project just because of what you're talking about with things coming off. To help with things not falling off like outside rear view mirrors and door handles I usually pin them to the body so they're more sturdily mounted. The cals......man....I hate to hear that for you but this build turned out very well despite all the trouble you had with it. Great work!!! 

• Thanks 1

I can relate to Revell decals! Not that they're rubbish, they're just very fussy and don't like being moved a lot. Despite the issues you had you turned out cracking looking Chevy there. Love the colour and the clean engine detail, very nice.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bills72sj said:

Beautiful color combo on your Nova. On your decals, put a drop of Dawn dish soap in your dish of warm decal water. It will let you slide them around quite awhile to obtain perfect alignment.

Thanks. I'll try that.

15 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

Thank you.

14 hours ago, David G. said:

It still came out nice in spite of the problems.

The paint and build-work look great.

David G.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

GREAT color and really clean build!  Nice build

Thanks Chaz.

12 hours ago, conchan said:

A very nice build. 
As others have said the colour looks good on the Nova. 
I like the engine detailing as well. 
Thanks for sharing. 
Stay safe and enjoy!

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, Jim B said:

Really nice looking Nova.  Well done.

Thanks.

11 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

I hear you on being that close to the finish line and things going awry. Been there many many times. Usually at the tail end of a build I'm scared to death of handling a near finished project just because of what you're talking about with things coming off. To help with things not falling off like outside rear view mirrors and door handles I usually pin them to the body so they're more sturdily mounted. The cals......man....I hate to hear that for you but this build turned out very well despite all the trouble you had with it. Great work!!! 

Thank you. Yes, I'm thinking I will try to start pinning those small parts on. 

5 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

I can relate to Revell decals! Not that they're rubbish, they're just very fussy and don't like being moved a lot. Despite the issues you had you turned out cracking looking Chevy there. Love the colour and the clean engine detail, very nice.

Thanks. Yea, I've noticed the Revell decals can give problems. I even tried using some Testors decal set, but they still didn't want to move around like I needed them to.