Model Cars Magazine Forum

'38 Chevy Coupe

flamepainter

Another Chevrolet! Built this a while back. Pearl White with red flames (don't remember the exact color) all acrylic craft paints. Cut the mask for the flames by hand (not an easy task). No wiring on this one, just wanted to show off the paint. Everything out of the box. Thanks for looking.

Jim

'39 Chev coupe UL flash.jpg

'39 Chev coupe engine.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. I didn't actually paint the flames by hand but I did draw and cut the stencils for them. Thanks to all that thanked me for my service in the Navy. I spent 22 years there and do not regret a thing. Also thank you to Peter, Zippi and any others of you who served in the military. Thanks again for looking.

Jim

19 hours ago, Dan Hay said:

Nice build! Not to nitpick, but that's a 39 Chevy, not a 38. Flames are awesome! 

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure and don't have the box anymore. It was a long time ago. Thanks for the info.

Jim

13 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Cool old Chevy Jim, great job on those flames.  Thanks for your service....I can't even imagine what it would be like being underwater for hours on end!!

Thanks for the compliment. For the record, we (the crew) didn't spend hours underwater, we would be submerged for more than 2 months at a time. It isn't for everyone.😬

Jim