Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pontiac Sprint OHC 6: what kits, where parts?

I found three parts of what is undoubtedly a Pontiac inline OHC-6 in some kits and stuff I acquired some time back.  It would be fun to have one of these for a street rod project if I could locate -- or 'scratchbuild' a replica from what I can gather.  Pls: what kits did this engine come with?  I assume a mid-sixties Tempest or Firebird, but...?  

Are there any surplus out there in MCM land, or bits?  I haver a cam-cover/carrier, and the front timing belt cover, intake/exhaust manifold and pan, and a few smaller bits.  I'd need the block/head anyhow.  Gladly trade for the remainder.

MPC '67-'68 Firebird annuals, '69 mid-year Trans-Am, and reissue Firebirds including the one-shot convertible.  '67 engine was all plated, or very nearly so. The '69 annual may not have it as that one includes the turbine engine, but it's not likely you will trip over one of those. 

The black MPC '69 Camaro has it too, as it uses the Firebird chassis and interior just like the MPC annual Camaro did.  (The annual had a Chevy engine though, also the turbine that was in the Firebird also.)

One more: MPC Daytona transporter.  No transmission (that kit uses a Toronado FWD unit), and that one might not have stock accessories (air filter, exhaust manifold).

Classic,

I have a number of early 'sixties parts in new condition, all 1/25, esp wheel covers and bumpers/grilles, some other R/R and Cad bits from glue bombs, etc.  Suggest a trade, if you can spare it.

I really wanted a Pontiac Banshee, but bought one of the original '70 Datsun 240Z's instead and never regretted it.  Have '62 LeMans ragtop now; Nissan bought my Z  back for their collection, later sold.  Wick of HOW TO RESTORE YOU DATSUN Z-CAR

On 5/11/2022 at 7:01 AM, MrObsessive said:

I'll have to look in my stash for the Pontiac OHC 6. I'll need one for future use as that's what should go in the Pontiac Banshee I 3D printed not long ago. Thanks for the heads up on what other kits had this engine!

Bill if u need one send me your info and I'll get it to u.......

• Like 1

I have the c.1979 issue of the MPC 1969 Firebird in White Light'ning [sic] guise. Truly, I bought it (dirt cheap, unbuilt) for its Motor Wheels Spyders and for its 250 OHC 6 (a big "whatever" to the rest of the kit). 
Been toying with the idea of installing that bad boy into the AMT 1972 Nova SS-come-Pontiac Ventura II (Harts Parts conversion) to make a phantom '71 "Ventura II Sprint" .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...