Model Cars Magazine Forum

Paint colors for the Revell/Monogram Ford GT Kit #0565 ?

I'm just starting this build this and would like to know what colors to paint the engine, suspension, main body floor, etc. Does anyone have any color reference pics of this early Ford GT? TIA.

IMG_8931.thumb.jpg.de8ddd4706227bf878b4c0ac0f454b9f.jpg

Wow, thanks for that link Rich! Very helpful! And the period photos of the 1:1 car from Gramps46 are awesome! I'm going to look into replacing the side glass (as you and vamach1 mentioned in the link) with something else although I don't know what at this point. 

I got this Revell/Monogram kit a couple years ago. When I opened the box and saw the kit instructions, I had a dejavu moment. I must have built this model when I was very young, around 11-12 years old probably. Although I don't remember finishing the model, those instructions must have been imbedded in my brain. It was like a flashback in time for me. I also found some notes on building it here: www.alexkung1.com/scale/fordgt/index.htm  that will be helpful to me.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...