Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Super Bee "At Ease"

Vintage AMT

On 5/11/2022 at 2:29 PM, espo said:

The finish looks trashed, and I mean that in a good way. Nice looking wheels and I like the stance. 

Thanks,

9 minutes ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Pretty cool!

Thanks

3 minutes ago, David G. said:

Because new wheels are the first step in any restoration project. At least it was when I was in high school. :D

Convincing rust and paint effects, looks great.

David G.

Same here, new wheels and lots of Hi-Po engine parts. I've got a 70 Boss 429 I think I do up so the ole Mopar won't be lonely:rolleyes: be back soon!!

Cool build. You should do a thread in "Tips and Techniques" on how you achieved your finish on this one. It looks very believable. Some areas look blistered, as if it were a car that got too close to a fire. The part I like: it's still a good looking car! You can't hide the lines of a good looking automobile, and this is one of those that always just looks good!

Edited by bisc63
typo

11 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Cool build. You should do a thread in "Tips and Techniques" on how you achieved your finish on this one. It looks very believable. Some areas look blistered, as if it were a car that got too close to a fire. The part I like: it's still a good looking car! You can't hide the lines of a good looking automobile, and this is one of those that always just looks good!

Thanks Rusty, not sure about doing an article on weathering. But the short version goes a bit like this, spray on the colors you want, the Bee has grey primer followed by met. silver followed by white primer then black top coat, let dry. Then spray on very lightly Easy Off, let this sit till it has dried to the max, then wash it off with the garden hose with some pressure, this is what caused the blistering you see. When its dried just pick and prod at it ! I then use artist oils and chalk to add rust and other details.

9 hours ago, ea0863 said:

"Super detailing blues" - - - I love it, and I totally get it. I've spent one week on BMF alone and have gone decidedly cross-eyed in the process :) I think I'll make my next build a fun beater.

You really should, its most rewarding and fun..

Alex "Big Drag"

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Love the stance! Looks great!

On 5/15/2022 at 5:57 AM, PappyD340 said:

Looks fantastic, well done!

On 5/14/2022 at 10:05 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

Although you did a great job on it, weathering for me is just as stressful as super-detailing.

Thanks. Weathering is my escape from detailing because its an unkown that always surprises,