Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1969 Hurst/Olds. Factory Stock.

Dragonhawk1066

Here's AMT's 1969 Hurst/Olds. It's painted in Tamiya TS-26 Pure White from the can. I wet-sanded, polished, and waxed the color and did not use any clear. The interior is mostly Anita's Glossy Black craft paint. The wheel spokes were painted with Tamiya x-10 Gunmetal. I added door lock knobs, valve stems, and spark plug wires for added details and used BMF for the trim. The decals were a little tricky on this one particularly the hood stripe. If I had it to do over again, I would measure and cut the hood stripe in a couple of spots for easier application. The passenger's side does sit lower than the driver's side, but I couldn't figure out why. It's a nice kit with no real surprises or fitment issues otherwise. I've also done the '69 Olds 442 kit, and have another '69 Olds 442 kit on my to do list later this year, so I'll probably really look into the stance issue if it crops up again. Thanks for looking!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Wow,excellent job.

19 hours ago, bbowser said:

Great paint, foil, and decal work!  Thanks for showing this.

17 hours ago, Kah puts said:

That's wonderful. 

17 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Looking good!

8 hours ago, Jim B said:

Very well done.

7 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Wow.  Fantastic!

6 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

Despite the issues it looks great!

4 hours ago, drodg said:

Nice build.  I have kits like that where they don't sit exactly right and have no idea why!

1 hour ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking finishes. I have never been a fan of the real long decals like this, but these look good.  

Thanks guys!

6 hours ago, Vintage AMT said:

Very nice, also like your shop wall.

Thanks! The background was a lot of fun to do, and I'm always looking for things to add to it.

4 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

This looks great Craig. I hear you on stance issues. I've put kits together in the past that fit very well throughout the building process but changes during final assembly. Despite these issues, however, you had a great turn out with this one.

Thanks Joe! That's exactly how this one was, perfect until final assembly. The '69 442 I built a couple years ago was lower at all fours, with only a slight difference from one side to the other.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, Classicgas said:

Well done.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:23 PM, majel said:

That came out really nice!  The garage is really cool.  As far as the stance just tell everyone the passenger side shocks are shot!

On 5/14/2022 at 7:03 AM, charger74 said:

Thats one beautiful olds 👌🏻👌🏻

On 5/14/2022 at 7:57 AM, KWT said:

Very nicely done!

On 5/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

On 5/15/2022 at 6:06 AM, PappyD340 said:

Very nice, well done!

11 hours ago, slusher said:

Absolutely stunning!

Thanks guys!

Very nicely done. I had the same wrinkle on the nose of mine too. I have a suggestion on your next Olds. Nip off the stud on the red tail lights and sand the back smooth. Then apply some Future to gloss it back up. As the last step, apply some BMF for some reflectivity.

HO Olds rear.jpg