Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm surprised that Mercedes would part with something as rare and important to their history as a Uhlenhaut Coupe. I wonder what the reasoning was behind that decision. Granted they still have one (they had both cars in their collection) but it's a strange move from a company that reveres its history as much as Mercedes does.

Edited by jaymcminn
  • Like 1

That one's just a demonstrator, they'll get more on the next delivery! I think it's also out of it's warranty period. 😉 Besides, it has no Bluetooth, so I'm out!

Looks like the story said that the buyer agreed not to resell it, so it's not going to be back on the market anytime soon. And where else are they gonna find another one?

• Like 1

This is what it would cost to register it in my county in California. I did find a lucrative loophole that said that the VLF fee is zero if a vehicle is registered as a historic vehicle / horseless carriage. 1955 qualifies for that, so that's an immediate savings of $923,001.  :-)

image.png.8d980a4ebfeac7c05f8e3c49a9b92d56.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

This thread devolved fast. 🤣

To be honest, what else can be said? You can expect just so many "Gee, that's a lot of money for a car" comments without becoming repetitive.

Edited by SfanGoch
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Junkman said:

Ah, but you neglect to mention that you can write off the $923K on your Federal income tax.  California VLF is considered the same as a property tax.  Could be a deal maker.....

In that case, can I buy two? Think of the money I'd save.

• Haha 1

Mercedes has been lagging behind the rest of the F1 teams. Podium finishes have been hard to come by. Hamilton got 1 in Bahrain. $142,000,000 would be a huge an investment. Results ????. A pig with $142,000.000 is still a pig.

Mike

• Like 1