Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do you remember Hubley Real Toys/Real Types School buses??? 3 original and 3 redone/ modified

rsmodels

Here are 6 Hubley  school buses. Three are original and 3 are redone. The first 2 photos shoe the redone ones. The second 2  photos show the original ones.

They were called Real Toys in the USA and Real Types in Canada. You can see the different names in the chassis photos.

Next there are photos of all 6. I guess you can tell I like school buses!

The last 5 photos are of one I changed to a 57 Chevy using parts from a Revell Stake truck model. I rode to high school in one like this back in the late 60's.

I added more accurate tires to the 3 modified buses and made interiors for all of them as they did not come with an interior.

Feel free to comment or ask questions and thanks for looking.  I have a lot of the Real Toys and Real Types cars too that I may show at some point.

DCFC0015 (2).JPG

DCFC0018 (1).JPG

DCFC0011 (4).JPG

DCFC0022 (2).JPG

DCFC0027.JPG

DCFC0028.JPG

DCFC0019 (1).JPG

DCFC0002 (9).JPG

DCFC0007 (6).JPG

56 school bus 41 lincoln 014.JPG

56 school bus 41 lincoln 004.JPG

56 school bus 41 lincoln 009.JPG

56 school bus 41 lincoln 015.JPG

56 school bus 41 lincoln 016.JPG

11 hours ago, Motor City said:

Those look neat, Rich.  They are old since they were made in the U.S. and Canada.  What scale is that?  

Hi Jim,

The Revell plastic stake truck kit is listed as 1/48 and the cab fits these buses perfectly so I'm guessing they are close to 1/48 but I've not measured them.

They made quite a few cars and trucks also which I would guess are about 1/60. I've read that Hubley acquired the Real Types line form  Burslem of Canada and then expanded it.

They made models of cars from 1958 thru 1960 and a number of truck models that were all 60 Chevys. 

I think I still have NOS examples of them all and also have restored quite a few of the cars. They were quite accurate for the time.

I'm not sure how far into the 60's they were sold. I'll probably post more of them at some point.  -Rich

11 hours ago, David G. said:

How tremendously cool!

David G.

Thanks David. I really like these models and also the Lone Star Impys, Huskys,  Siku V's , Line Mars, etc. I have many of them.

-Rich