Model Cars Magazine Forum

Update! Moebius 65 Dodges

Here are a few photos of the two mock ups for the new Dodge kits. These are 3D grown mock up bodies on existing chassis from previous Plymouth kits. Other than some minor revisions, what you see here is pretty nearly ready for tooling to begin.

DSC02085.thumb.JPG.cd88161b2872abab32bc805df061c68f.JPG

DSC02088.JPG

DSC02090.JPG

DSC02093.JPG

DSC02103.JPG

DSC02105.JPG

DSC02106.JPG

DSC02108.JPG

Edited by Dave Metzner
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dave Metzner said:

Backup lights - optional - a little dab of white paint- on each tail light housing and - presto - instant backup lights. If you look REAL close the backup light lenses are actually represented. 

"Upon further review..." -- I now see that the area of the bezel does indeed exhibit the 'fluting' of the lens.

I'd better get mine further along by the time this one comes out.  All of the parts are already acquired/paid for, so I may as well finish it.  Polar Lights body (modified a lot), MPC grille...

20220515_121509.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZTony8 said:

Is it just me or does the nose and tail droop on the A990 car ? The funny car deck looks straight( I know the whole car drops rearward but it drops in a straight line not an arc).

Those AWB cars were converted by an ambulance builder, they didn't necessarily brace everything up as much as was really needed.  Front fenders were fiberglass, short production run things, so all of that leads to the body lines getting a bit wonky on some of those cars.  The wheelstands didn't help at the back end either!

I know the decal choice for Model King's AWB car, but that's not for me to reveal here, it is one of the six original Dodges ...

As for the Sedan - I have no idea! we haven't gotten that far yet.

I keep hearing Jan and Dean's "Little Old Lady from Pasadena" in my memory! "Parked in a rickety old garage is a brand new shiny super stock Dodge"

I'd like to know if there's a way to nail down California Black Plate numbers for Pasadena in 1965?

28 minutes ago, Dave Metzner said:

I'd like to know if there's a way to nail down California Black Plate numbers for Pasadena in 1965?

For the 1963-1969 California licence plate series, 1965 would have an "M", "N", or "O" for the first letter (e.g., MOD 426). 
Additionally; no 'month' stickers were issued until calendar year 1976. A 1965-issue plate would have only 'year' registration stickers; one on each side for the years (e.g., '1965' on right, '1966' on left).

• Like 1