Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Toyota S800

Modlbldr

I started this one tonight. I've had the racing version of this for about 20 years and have wanted to build it since I got it but never did. I got this stock version about a couple of years ago and figured since I just finished my 67 Impala now's as good a time as any! These things are tiny but when you realize this is 1/24 scale it is even more amazing how small they are. I put it next to a JF 1/25 49 Ford for comparison.

I started with the engine and exhaust. Took it about as far as I could without paint. Then I scribed open the hood and trunk. This was a simple job since they were molded with nothing more than thin flash holding them in. I had to add a strip of styrene to the edge of each panel to close up the gap. I'll need to do the same on the sides of each once the glue dries. 

I got a late start tonight so that is it for tonight. Comments and criticisms welcomed.

Later-

20220515_234853.jpg

20220515_234912.jpg

20220516_000216.jpg

20220515_235906.jpg

20220515_235000.jpg

20220515_235007.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Look forward to seeing this one progress Tom, I'm sure I'll pick up some useful pointers for mine. Certainly tiny little things aren't they?!

Which version do you have? I have this stock one and a racing version. 

Later-

3 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Which version do you have? I have this stock one and a racing version. 

Later-

Mine appears to be somewhere between the two, it's the Nostalgic Racer version. It has a set of cute alloy wheels (plus the standard items) and an additional sprue containing bucket seats, steering wheel and seat belt components, along with an extra decal sheet including Sabelt logos.

5 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Mine appears to be somewhere between the two, it's the Nostalgic Racer version. It has a set of cute alloy wheels (plus the standard items) and an additional sprue containing bucket seats, steering wheel and seat belt components, along with an extra decal sheet including Sabelt 

Here is the one I have. Had to take a screen shot from some site since mine is still packed away. This was the first one I got years ago.

Later-

Screenshot_20220517-061745_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

Thanks guys for your interest. I'm making slow progress on this. Trying to get ready for a visit from family. I have managed to get the gaps closed up on the hood and trunk. Hopefully they won't be too tight now.

Later-

20220519_085556.jpg

20220519_085604.jpg