Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to hold small parts for airbrushing?

Just getting started airbrushing and saw where some guys had small parts on the end of little wooden sticks to airbrush. Do y’all glue them on with shoe glue or use some type of putty or what? Are the sticks bamboo skewers from the grocery store? 
Any help appreciated. 
Thanks

13 minutes ago, dawgvet said:

...Do y’all glue them on with shoe glue or use some type of putty or what? Are the sticks bamboo skewers from the grocery store? 

All the above...or toothpicks inserted in small holes drilled on the backsides, or straightened paper clips...

In short, use what you've got.

I save all the long straight pieces of sprue. I have mounted alligator clips on some in order to hold small parts. I will also file the ends of the sprue flat and attach it to small parts in an inconspicuous place with CA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I save all the long straight pieces of sprue. I have mounted alligator clips on some in order to hold small parts. I will also file the ends of the sprue flat and attach it to small parts in an inconspicuous place with CA.

I do the same. Sprue rods CA to inconspicuous areas of the part to be painted. Alligator clips attached to bamboo skewers. I try to paint in large batches which leaves you with where to park the wet parts. The material I used to line my paint booth is corrugated plastic. It hold freshly painted item up out of the way. I also have a piece of floral foam and a model box full of cardboard strips glued together.

IMG_1661.JPG

COE chrome silver.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

• Like 1