Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sam Auxier 71 Mustang Prostock

• 2 weeks later...

Making some progress.  Tried to replicate the roll cage as per the diecast.  Will probably finish the interior and then move on to the engine and final touches including decals.  Diecast 1/18 model is on the left.

BBF37EAB-06A9-466B-99DD-B1F7F813FDED.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

• 4 weeks later...

Side windows are in with the decals.  After I took the picture I noticed the PRO 104 decal was crooked so I straightened it.  I also moved the distributor slightly to the center of the front of the engine.  The 427 cammer engine is from the 68 Shelby GT500 kit.  Decals were custom made by Polecat.  Added the two guages to the top of the dash.  Resin traction bars added and front turn signals added below bumper.  Added shocks and radiator fan shroud and modified headers to lengthen them.  Looking at the picture I just realized there is a front spoiler and also one on the 1/18 diecast so I will add one.  Front grille is a resin part from Kevin Lutz (Missing Link).  Seat belts are from a GT40 kit.  Brake booster and master cylinder added and a parachute.  Kit used were from MPC and AMT.

40DDAB45-A992-4791-AAE1-F751CBA9A51B.jpeg

Edited by vamach1
  • Like 2