Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bimmer-Dub from Fujimi.....

JollySipper

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on this, guys! The interior is pretty much done....... I dropped the dash, so I had to put it back together........

584639097_bmwkitintbuild001.JPG.6d7078a76e2e597ab4dadb343d62bfe4.JPG

Also, I've done some detail painting on the bumpers....... I use these paint pens for a lot of stuff, they're very handy!

542024718_bmwkitintbuild002.JPG.7f0a38066e20d08194e63d6dc286a3c7.JPG

Just showing a bit of progress! Please feel free to comment.........

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've gotten a newer computer recently, and had no way of showing the pics of my progress. I've gotten a memory card reader today, so I'll attempt to post the paint job that I've given this...... I've only seen one of these cars in green, I kinda like the way it turned out.

SDC10255.JPG.906aa13f732caf97a8aa86127e78acfe.JPG

SDC10258.JPG.dc8c51d3f03e342fe1bc1dbc99227c88.JPG

SDC10259.JPG.e1df7c8d775a0c11cf39280a0b17124f.JPG

Thanks for lookin' in, and comment freely!

• Like 1

Thanks, Anton man!

Here's some more progress on the body......... Working on the trim, now. There's supposed to be more black trim around the side windows, but I couldn't figure out how to do it cleanly, so I just skipped it......

SDC10264.JPG.4a3382aee09ecc36bd5ec2961b2ef981.JPG

SDC10267.JPG.e3ffd6a40790ffdc6ddca27ecf85c2fa.JPG

Hope you guys enjoy! Please comment freely.......

• Like 1

Looking really good. The color is really nice and it suits the car. Very BMWish. I like your interior and I think cutting the side glass was a cool choice. One suggestion if I may. Paint the rear headrests grey like the rest of the seats, it would look way better IMO. This model has surprisingly good detail on th interior doors for a Fujimi from that era. 

You know, I thought about that earlier on, painting the rear headrests like the seats, but for some reason didn't...... You're right tho, it would look better.

2 hours ago, mrm said:

This model has surprisingly good detail on th interior doors for a Fujimi from that era.

It's an Enthusiast Models kit, from that series....... This is my first EM kit, I hope I am doing it justice.......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JollySipper said:

Thanks, Anton! Foil isn't that difficult to work with........ One way you could learn to work with it is to use it to mask the trim for the black around the windows. It does an excellent job masking things......

I'll second that. Actually I use more BMF for masking than for using the actual foil.

• Like 1

Great job TJ  !

I'd love to find one of these again, the last one (from years ago) I mounted on a pro Stock chassis, they fit great !

Then there were so many spares left over to use on other projects !

Yeah there are hundreds of pieces , but I think it's one of the best detailed kits available.

You're looks terrific, great job so far 😁

• 2 weeks later...