Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/25 2021 Bronco First Edition

11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I think a bigger portion of their issues, if you want to call it that, is with their odd subject selection mixed with an eclectic knack for screwing up the final product. The F-350 has a gas exhaust system and decals instead of the correct Powerstroke stuff. The H1 is a mish-mash of years and options as rear "barn doors" weren't available on the year Hummer it is, and it's so beholden to the specific prototype they had information from it actually has the dealership logo from Louisville, KY molded into the plastic...not to mention the number of lights on the H1 that are molded in plastic military style instead of having separate lenses as you'd expect in an automotive kit. The Jeep is a weirdly specific 10th Anniversary 2 door with a specific leather interior. Most of course are 4 doors with a normal cloth interior. The GT 40 feels like a by-product of the large scale kit, and the new BMW Z4 (which was released in HK last week) is another oddball answer to a question I don't know anyone was asking. They have the Bimmer license from all the 1/9 bikes kits, but I think other "M" spec cars (M3, M4, M5, even the older GT3 base M6, or GTE based M8 in civilian clothes) would be more broadly interesting topics other than having something that most people relate to as being what ruins the 5th Gen Supra.

Yeah I do agree that they were odd in their own ways, though I am glad they made them anyways since no one else makes these specific vehicles (in glue form).

Edit: Here is the brochure for the Bronco if anyone would like to start planning out your builds early! https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2021-Ford-Bronco-V2.pdf

Edited by Jordan White
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Yeah I do agree that they were odd in their own ways, though I am glad they made them anyways since no one else makes these specific vehicles (in glue form).

Edit: Here is the brochure for the Bronco if anyone would like to start planning out your builds early! https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2021-Ford-Bronco-V2.pdf

Thanks Jordan!   TIM 

• 4 weeks later...

So according to a video in the "The Rumour Mill" thread, they have 3 versions of this kit planned so far. Now I'm not sure if they count a 4-door model as a version of this kit (since there would need to be changes to the body and chassis, amongst other things), but if this is one, then I would say the other 2 are a 4-door version (maybe the Sasquatch trim) and then a Bronco Raptor after that. 

44 minutes ago, Jordan White said:

So according to a video in the "The Rumour Mill" thread, they have 3 versions of this kit planned so far. Now I'm not sure if they count a 4-door model as a version of this kit (since there would need to be changes to the body and chassis, amongst other things), but if this is one, then I would say the other 2 are a 4-door version (maybe the Sasquatch trim) and then a Bronco Raptor after that. 

There're three variations of the 2-door model planed starting with the 2021 "First Edition" version.  We have the design data for the 4-door model for possible future use. 

-Steve 

44 minutes ago, SteveG said:

There're three variations of the 2-door model planed starting with the 2021 "First Edition" version.  We have the design data for the 4-door model for possible future use. 

-Steve 

Okay that makes sense. Are the other 2 versions just different trim levels or is there going to be a "customized" version? If you can't tell me, just use two thumbs up for yes and two thumbs down for no. 😄

2 hours ago, SteveG said:

-Steve 

In my mind that all but confirms a but confirms the Bronco Raptor 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, iamsuperdan said:

On a related note, I'll be taking some detail pics of Broncos here at the dealership. I have a Bronco 2-door here now. First one we've had with the manual transmission.

If anyone wants any specific pics, let me know.

I seen one in pink today, is that a factory color, Dan?

7 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I seen one in pink today, is that a factory color, Dan?

100% not factory.

But not the worst colour I've seen on one of these.

And at least it was done to something with the Sasquatch package.

One of our clients picked up theirs, used to be Area 51, which is a nice non-metallic grey-blue. Now it's been wrapped in a metallic purple. And it has the small tire package. And now a Punisher decal on the back. 

It's bad.

• Haha 1

My boss just got his base model after over a year and a half waiting; first thing he did was have the wheels powder-coated black:

IMG_0298.JPG.6b1b4846a8f7363645dd5788bb284f3f.JPG

IMG_0442.jpg.21c44d2c5d399750bbff4b4a15d6af76.jpg

1937541827_raysbroncowheelspowdercoated.jpg.00c433e5aafd72af84ef057fa448e6fe.jpg

And a sad story from the Bronco6G forum: At least two buyers had their new Broncos written off by a hailstorm in Omaha just before delivery :(:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/devastated-2yr-old-reservation-total-loss-from-hail-storm-right-before-delivery.47144/

Edited by ChrisBcritter
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SteveG said:

-Steve 

I understand if you’re not able to go into details too much this soon, but will there be a soft top option as well? 

The multi-kit possibilities enabled by the many distinct flavors of 1/1 scale new Broncos was one of the key points I made in several private notes to our Round 2 connections about the business potential of a tool based on the new Bronco.  Glad to see this now actually playing out in reality.   TIM 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Right now, my focus is on getting the design work completed so we can get the "First Edition" kit version out soon as possible.  Ford is rapidly adding to the New Bronco line-up so what comes next and what additional parts we include could easily change after its initial release. 

My gut tells me that there will be a lot of aftermarket support for this kit once it comes out hopefully by early 2023.   I can assure you that all your suggestions and comments are being noted by myself and others.   I wish I could get into more detail at this time, but I can't.   I do greatly appreciate everyone's support. 

-Steve

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

14 hours ago, deuces wild said:

Only if it's a 5.0L V-8...😎

Yeah...one of the best things about engine swaps in 1/25th scale vs. 1/1 scale factory applications.....with models there are no worries about engine compartment packaging issues (well, possibly a few, but those can be addressed by cutting away styrene where it can't be seen in the finished model), NVH tuning issues, upsetting chassis balance, passing crash testing, and negative impact on Corporate Average Fuel Economy.....TB

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/24/2022 at 9:28 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I'll be buying one for sure. And being curbside doesn't bother me at all.

Does anyone really want to build an engine that looks like this? lolz

bronco engine.jpg

My word, what a mess.  I know Ford knows what they're doing, but was there no better way to route those hundreds of pipes and cables and wires?  Looks like a NIGHTMARE to work on

• Like 1