Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/25 2021 Bronco First Edition

13 hours ago, stavanzer said:

They all look like that now. Clean Packaging is a lost art.

Every bracket, clip etc comes at a cost of a few cents, but multiplied by x many cars..... and then I'm not talking the logistics side, IIRC the creation of a partnumber at GM, back when I worked there over ten years ago, costed $25000.

• 3 weeks later...

Round2 just posted this on Facebook

“BUSTIN’ OUT THE BRONCO
AMT 2021 FORD BRONCO 3D PRINTED TOOLING MOCKUP (1:25 SCALE)
Coming Spring 2023 will be our all-new 2021 Ford Bronco! This new tooling will allow us to create many types of versions of the new Bronco, with this mockup being a mashup of several optional parts. The initial release will be the Ford Bronco First Edition 2Door 4x4. These detailed Curbside kits were developed in cooperation with Ford and feature a highly-detailed body, interior and chassis, removable hardtop roof and more! This first release will include Sasquatch Package style tires and wheels and a First Edition Graphics decal sheet. Expect to see more versions announced soon!

Due Spring 2023. 3D Mockup samples subject to improvements in production. #AMT1343M”

image.png.57bc39f792bff6860a0ba1a98a266d24.pngimage.png.993ef3482d5cb331f39cad9acca9a940.png
image.png.4cb7b1bc651098479dc146c14d9baf56.png

image.png.15306d8f4f55f245e2a9807ee9d03311.png

image.png.9267ed10e9978e7b8de26996f1f902f6.png

image.png.75c7d3853a08cafebea121cf7a791742.png

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Jordan White said:

Round2 just posted this on Facebook

“BUSTIN’ OUT THE BRONCO
AMT 2021 FORD BRONCO 3D PRINTED TOOLING MOCKUP (1:25 SCALE)
Coming Spring 2023 will be our all-new 2021 Ford Bronco! This new tooling will allow us to create many types of versions of the new Bronco, with this mockup being a mashup of several optional parts. The initial release will be the Ford Bronco First Edition 2Door 4x4. These detailed Curbside kits were developed in cooperation with Ford and feature a highly-detailed body, interior and chassis, removable hardtop roof and more! This first release will include Sasquatch Package style tires and wheels and a First Edition Graphics decal sheet. Expect to see more versions announced soon!

Due Spring 2023. 3D Mockup samples subject to improvements in production. #AMT1343M”

image.png.57bc39f792bff6860a0ba1a98a266d24.pngimage.png.993ef3482d5cb331f39cad9acca9a940.png
image.png.4cb7b1bc651098479dc146c14d9baf56.png

image.png.15306d8f4f55f245e2a9807ee9d03311.png

image.png.9267ed10e9978e7b8de26996f1f902f6.png

image.png.75c7d3853a08cafebea121cf7a791742.png

Thanks Jordan.  This looks just so cool!!!!    While a real standalone engine would have been the icing on the cake, this is still a great kit subject (the 1/1 is still among the most in demand, fastest selling products in the domestic auto industry), the execution looks spot-on, and the ability to incorporate future alternatives into the kit tooling should assure its longevity in the Round 2 product range.   As I believe I have mentioned in the past, this was a key future kit topic at Round 2 for quite some time; it is really exciting that it has now made its way to the top of the future products tooling list.  I sure hope it sells well enough to justify the investment Round 2 has made in it, and also that it goes a way to attracting younger people into the model car building hobby.   TB 

Edited by tim boyd
  • Like 2

I really love that this Bronco kit is coming out. Maybe it'll be a big seller and we'll get a Maverick and some other cool off roaders. My only other wish is that someone would offer a set of accessories. Maybe some steel bumpers, aftermarket tires and wheels and especially some roof racks with accessories would be cool!

AAccessoriesRackBronco.PNG

AAccessoriesRackLoaded.PNG

Looking forward to adding a couple of these to the stash.

So much potential for the aftermarket. 

Engines, lifts, wheels/tires, offroad equipment, camping gear, 4-dr conversion...

Going with the 2-dr with Sasquatch package was the right call for sure. Start with the sportiest version, the one that hearkens back to the original.

• Like 4

On 10/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, tim boyd said:

Thanks Jordan.  This looks just so cool!!!!    While a real standalone engine would have been the icing on the cake, this is still a great kit subject (the 1/1 is still among the most in demand, fastest selling products in the domestic auto industry), the execution looks spot-on, and the ability to incorporate future alternatives into the kit tooling should assure its longevity in the Round 2 product range.   As I believe I have mentioned in the past, this was a key future kit topic at Round 2 for quite some time; it is really exciting that it has now made its way to the top of the future products tooling list.  I sure hope it sells well enough to justify the investment Round 2 has made in it, and also that it goes a way to attracting younger people into the model car building hobby.   TB 

I wonder if Round2 is taking a page out of other manufacturer's playbook and concentrating on the body details, realizing most models are displayed with the hood closed? There are some excellent kits out there that lack full or even partial engine detail that seem to be well accepted by the modeling community, like the recent Tamiya Mustang kit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

I wonder if Round2 is taking a page out of other manufacturer's playbook and concentrating on the body details, realizing most models are displayed with the hood closed? There are some excellent kits out there that lack full or even partial engine detail that seem to be well accepted by the modeling community, like the recent Tamiya Mustang kit.

Tamiya's Ford GT was another excellent kit with basically its 2 pieces of engine detail

• Like 3

14 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Tamiya's Ford GT was another excellent kit with basically its 2 pieces of engine detail

Two different markets, specific for the N/A market almost always came and or come with an engine. 

I've read Steve G.'s comments why the no power plant, maybe this kit will be a game changer.... who knows what's heading our way in the future.

Edited by Luc Janssens

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Any thoughts on this tooling possibly spawning a 4 door sometime in the future?

I don't have any insider info on this, but I suspect Round 2 has at least made this option a consideration in putting together their Bronco product range. 

Because the 4 door has a longer wheelbase, this would be a major lift to put into a new kit as it affects the chassis, driveline, exhaust system, interior, and exterior.  All would need new parts.  Becomes mostly a new tool rather than just a mod of the original tool. 

On the other hand, 4-door versions of the Bronco and Wrangler are the best sellers, so if the 1/1 scale market affects what model builders would buy, presumably there would be a market for a 4-door Bronco kit.  Although, I must say I am impressed at how well the 1/1 scale 2-door Bronco has been doing so far, and, if there could be only one kit, I applaud Round 2 for choosing the 2-door version....TB  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tim boyd said:

On the other hand, 4-door versions of the Bronco and Wrangler are the best sellers, so if the 1/1 scale market affects what model builders would buy, presumably there would be a market for a 4-door Bronco kit.  Although, I must say I am impressed at how well the 1/1 scale 2-door Bronco has been doing so far, and, if there could be only one kit, I applaud Round 2 for choosing the 2-door version....TB  

Thank You, Tim!

I suspect going forward that we will see that "What sells on Monday", will get more consideration from Model Companies, if only to try to eek out more sales beyond the now standard 5K production run. In this particular case< can see Ford Possibly helping behind the scenes with more than just information, in order to have a factory correct kit out there.

Notice I say "Possibly"....

I have no insider connections, and I am just Guessing about the future.

As to this kit. I think the tires look a bit cartoonish and silly, but then after looking at some modern tire catalogs, many new 4x4 tires are looking cartoonish and silly, so I guess the kit tires are correct.  

Other than that, I cannot wait to build one. Can you see one in 21st Century "Baywatch" colours?

22 hours ago, stavanzer said:

Any thoughts on this tooling possibly spawning a 4 door sometime in the future?

They have the CAD data for the 4dr if they do decide to do that in the future, Steve that works for Round2 posted that on page 2 of this thread.

Edited by martinfan5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1