Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/MPC '84GMC 2WD pickup

Built this one close to 15 years ago. Hasn't been seen in a while. Had to find a pic for another thread so I thought I'd repost it for those who haven't seen it before.

The common MPC 4X4 kit with the front suspension from an AMT Chevy van swapped in. Custom wheels with centers I did myself in Pegasus rims and tires.

152 5283

152 5285

152 5279

152 5278

152 5272

152 5274

152 5290

152 5293

• Like 3

Very nice build Steve, I missed this one previously so thanks for updating. The stance looks perfect and great colour combo. I have a similar build in my head. Is this the same body as the Deserter kit? If you have an undercarriage shot to share it would be much appreciated. 

Cheers, Steve

15 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Very nice build Steve, I missed this one previously so thanks for updating. The stance looks perfect and great colour combo. I have a similar build in my head. Is this the same body as the Deserter kit? If you have an undercarriage shot to share it would be much appreciated. 

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve.

Not a lot of shots of the chassis but I do have a couple of the front suspension, I'll add a link below to the build album. 

But here's a shot of the front suspension I pirated from an old A-Team van builtup I had on hand. It was rough but workable.

151 5117

https://public.fotki.com/SteveMilberry/projects/84-gmc-sport-truck/

Thanks Steve! Wow, you did a lot of work on the rear fenders. Very nice bodywork, and the interior is beautiful. Not sure yet what I will use for a chassis, but that gives me a good idea of what to do with the kit chassis. Thanks again.

17 minutes ago, Steve H said:

Thanks Steve! Wow, you did a lot of work on the rear fenders. Very nice bodywork, and the interior is beautiful. Not sure yet what I will use for a chassis, but that gives me a good idea of what to do with the kit chassis. Thanks again.

Yea, it seemed to me that the rear wheel openings were larger than they should be. Possibly to accommodate the larger 1/20 tires used in the Fall Guy version, which the box was originally made for.  I shrunk them down to match the size of the front openings. I don't know if I was correct in this but it does seem to look better to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...