Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gravity Paint USA

Anyone have experience with Gravity USA? I placed an order a month and a half ago.... no communication no tracking etc; After no replies to emails and guys on facebook groups saying they have had problems, I started a claim with Paypal, they escalated and opened a file and Gravity promptly gave them tracking info.... Paypal closed the file and for the last week the tracking has said " label printed, waiting for pickup" so it looks like im in for another long wait.

Im in Canada and no-one offers the colors that I wanted, and if they did shipping was 4x as much as the product. I know that elm street hobbies in the Maritimes is a ScaleFinishes distributor but they never have any product and Ive never gotten a reply when I ask to special order anything.

Edited by mademan

Lots and lots of stories that are exactly like yours.  I have never used Gravity USA but I have used Gravity Spain a number of times, some were pretty large orders, and never had a problem.  I cannot say enough good things about them.

I'm not sure Matt is capable at this time of running his business (day job, mother's health, young kid). The product is great, but what's the point if customers can't get it? All my orders usually took a long time, but I eventually got them. Not this last order. It was partially sent, and he kept promising to send the rest and never did. I got a refund, but I just wanted the paints I ordered.

Try Splash Paints. He can custom mix.

Edited by BVC500

I won't order from Gravity Colors anymore. I never had an issue with prompt shipping. Except every color I have ordered is dried up and useless, they are still in their shrink wrap.

Order from Scale Finishes directly and get whatever colors you need, never had an issue. Also Scott at Elm City Hobbies has stopped importing from Scale Finishes.

Gravity Paints USA are great paints. In fact my favourite to use, but unfortunately Mate always takes for ever to ship...and has an excuse why he's taking so long. I've ordered from him and got my order in days, even in Canada, and other times it takes him months and tons of messages to get him to ship. 

Scale Finishes are great, Splash as well, but I still think Gravity's USA's paints are better than anybody else's product.

As far as Elm City goes, Scott use to order from Scale Finishes and ship to a US address, since the Covid lockdowns he's no longer crossing the border, he might start up again now that the border is opening back up again. Message him.

22 hours ago, Jhedir6 said:

As far as Elm City goes, Scott use to order from Scale Finishes and ship to a US address, since the Covid lockdowns he's no longer crossing the border, he might start up again now that the border is opening back up again. Message him.

Scott, send out an email that he no longer imports Scale Finishes as Jameston at Scale Finishes now ships internationally.

On 5/30/2022 at 12:14 PM, Mike Chernecki said:

I won't order from Gravity Colors anymore. I never had an issue with prompt shipping. Except every color I have ordered is dried up and useless, they are still in their shrink wrap.

Order from Scale Finishes directly and get whatever colors you need, never had an issue. Also Scott at Elm City Hobbies has stopped importing from Scale Finishes.

Mine did that too, but Matt sent me new lids and the thinner he uses. I just reconstituted the paints.

My experience with him was the same as quite a few other unfortunate souls on various forums. Gravity Spain, on the other hand, are great. They're my go-to if Splash Paints here in the US doesn't have what I need. I've heard good things about Scale Finishes, too. Given the variety of other, more reputable sources of good-quality paint that are available, I see no reason to patronize Gravity USA.

Ben

On 6/4/2022 at 11:00 AM, Ben Brown said:

My experience with him was the same as quite a few other unfortunate souls on various forums. Gravity Spain, on the other hand, are great. They're my go-to if Splash Paints here in the US doesn't have what I need. I've heard good things about Scale Finishes, too. Given the variety of other, more reputable sources of good-quality paint that are available, I see no reason to patronize Gravity USA.

Ben

I agree that they provide great service, but I'll say that Matt's flakes are finer, his colors sometimes more accurate, and he's more keen to custom mix than Spain.

I’d reopen case, since printed label means nothing until shipped. Don’t take money and not send product. It’s wire fraud. 
Don’t know him, but Ordering from him seems as bad as unreliable resin vendors. 
Orders shouldn’t require begging, wishing, no communication, stories, or investigations. 
Charge back. He can tell stories to cc company.