Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1:24 Porsche 934 RSR "Jagermeister"

Started a build of the Porsche 934 Jagermeister... a classic racer, bright and flashy with the huge turbocharged boxer six in the back. Excellent model quality so far and a real nice change from all the North American design models. Not going to make many changes other than maybe leaving out a few of the excessive decals. I will be definitely  lowering the stance by 2 millimeters front and back by paring down the wheel mounting points slightly. Any picture I see of the completed model always shows it sitting too high, so this should help. Looking forward to a fun build...

Cheers

DanL

1A-HN-V-Revell-Porsche-934-RSR-Jagermeister-1.24.JPG.jpg

070312__13733.1648658633.jpg

porsche-934-rsr-jagermeister-1-24-07031.jpg

Completed most of the interior... the seats are aluminum buckets with padded leather inserts, so I painted the backs in aluminum and did a two tone with semi gloss and flat black on the leather. Turned out nice but the seatbelt decals got a bit silvery on the edges. I'll try some Markfit on the decals to see if that will get rid of it. Something I noticed right away is that the fit of the parts is very precise and accurate, until you add any kind of paint. There is no built in leeway for the paint so all connections have to be whittled down to bare plastic on both sides. Roll cage came out nice and straight with good clamp details. After viewing countless pictures the floor appeared to be aluminum also, so I painted it flat black then used silver dry brush to give it a worn effect. mostly on the drivers side.  Next job is the dash...

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

Got the dash completed... painted the gauge trim rings with silver then applied the decals with markfit. They sink right in and fit great. Painted the various knobs and lights on the dash as per the instructions and used a satin finish on the top of the dash and flat black on the lower

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00121.jpg

Got some paint laid down. Used Rustoleum primer which never seems to dry, so I switched to krylon for the color coat. A little more expensive but appears to be a great improvement. Put on 2 coats and got a little bit of orange peel but not too bad. Dried quickly and seems very durable. The color is Pumpkin Orange.

DSC00087.JPG

Looks like a better chassis, engine and interior than I expected. Think I WILL buy one of these after all.

BTW, the interior floor is stock Porsche steel. Same as  Porsche off the showroom floor. Not aluminum. Although I DO like your dry brush effect. The underlying metal getting the paint abraded off would be steel, which would present as bright silver color until it rusts. Pretty much the same as if it were aluminum. So I approve.

It's coming together now. Make sure you install the completed interior tub first before inserting the chassis or you will foul up with the dash board. Had to file down a few corners on the interior tub also to make sure it seats in completely and the chassis sits flush, otherwise the stance will be too high. I think I was able to lower the stance by about 1/16th and am quite happy with it. Front trunk and rear lid need a lot of filing and adjusting and the rear hinges interfere badly so I trimmed them to about half size. Decals may be a challenge.

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00124.JPG

DSC00125.JPG

DSC00126.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00128.JPG

Pretty much there now...Installed the windows which fit nicely but left the side windows off... just seems like models shouldn't have side windows. Installed front and rear bumpers. Front needed some work to fit with the brake duct connections having to be cut away completely on the inside of the front bumper. Just requires decals, mirrors, door handles and wipers... then a nice wax should bring out the shine. I have yet to use any kind of clearcoat on my models and this is my 5th one... maybe on the 6th one.DSC00148.JPG.b33df92e93ace368c44d97ff1a6c8695.JPG

DSC00142.JPG

DSC00143.JPG

DSC00144.JPG

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00146.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00150.JPG

DSC00151.JPG

DSC00152.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Pierre Rivard said:

Dan, that's what I call a fast build. I wanted to follow this one because this kit is on my potential list and then...you're almost done!

Do you recommend this Revell kit?

I sure do recommend this one... It really is a well made kit and it goes together very differently then the usual revell kits. As for the speed of the build, I didn't start the post until I had finished painting (and this kit needs a lot of painting), so I was kind of half way there. Next time I will start right at the beginning. I hope some of the points I made during the build will help other people trying to put this together.

Cheers

Doing a great job on this so far!

I think my one beef with this kit (not your build, but the kit in general) is that the tires seem too big. Every build I've seen has the car sitting really high. When I get to mine, I'll be changing the rubber for something a little lower profile. Even if it's not 100% accurate, it will maker it look better in my eyes.

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Doing a great job on this so far!

I think my one beef with this kit (not your build, but the kit in general) is that the tires seem too big. Every build I've seen has the car sitting really high. When I get to mine, I'll be changing the rubber for something a little lower profile. Even if it's not 100% accurate, it will maker it look better in my eyes.

In a couple of my pictures the rear tires do look too large but in reality they don't look bad. I agree that the car sits to high so I did lower it about 2 mm front and back. The front I think is OK but the rear could use another 2 mm drop I think. I maxed out the easy way of dropping it by paring down the mounting points for the wheel assemblies... dropping it further in the back would require some more elaborate changes.

I will try to get more representative pictures for my final picture post

Thx for the comments

DanL

Completed nicely... decals went on very smoothly although there is a hell of a lot of them. Really enjoyed building this one and would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you are looking for a change of pace. I will also post the finished pictures in the "under glass" section

Cheers

DanL

DSC00167.JPG

DSC00168.JPG

DSC00170.JPG

DSC00171.JPG

DSC00173.JPG

DSC00174.JPG

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00180.JPG

DSC00184.JPG