Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Car Clubs in Southern Indiana

• 3 weeks later...

Zippi, there is a model car contest in Huntingburg in November that you might want to check out. It would at least give you a chance to meet some other car modelers your area.  I'll try to get you a flyer.  

Is ABC Hobby on Morgan Ave still in business? It's been a while since I've been in E'ville.  JIM

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2022 at 5:12 AM, Paul Payne said:

Zippi, I live in Rushville- want to start a club? Maybe start on line, then meet occasionally? Let me know what you think.

High Paul.  Looks like your about 3 1/2 hrs from Evansville.  I think I'm more interested in a local club where we could meet up maybe on a monthly basis and show off models and shoot the breeze but....If you get something going let me know.  I'll join.  

On 6/20/2022 at 12:27 PM, casassa said:

Zippi, there is a model car contest in Huntingburg in November that you might want to check out. It would at least give you a chance to meet some other car modelers your area.  I'll try to get you a flyer.  

Is ABC Hobby on Morgan Ave still in business? It's been a while since I've been in E'ville.  JIM

Thanks Jim.  Yup, Scott is still running ABC Hobby on Morgan.  I'm there a few times a month.

On 6/27/2022 at 1:45 PM, casassa said:

Zippi, here's the flyer. JIM

Huntingburg p1.jpg

Huntingburg p2.jpg

Thanks for the flyer Jim.  Huntingburg is about an hr away.  I have never been to a show so it would be nice to see how things are ran and hopefully meet some of the fellows and chat with online.  

• 2 weeks later...

We have a club in Owensboro, KY (Plastic Modelers Club) that meets the second Thursday of every month. May be a bit of a distance but let me know if you're interested and I can get you more info.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

• 8 months later...

It's been going on a year now since I posted this thread.  I'm still interested if any model car clubs may have develped in the past year in the Evansville area that I may not be aware of.    

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2022 at 6:12 AM, Paul Payne said:

Zippi, I live in Rushville- want to start a club? Maybe start on line, then meet occasionally? Let me know what you think.

I live in Shelbyville, actually between Shelbyville and Columbus. Looking to start a club in this area...Shelbyville Rushville Columbus Greenfield etc...I am trying to locate somewhere to meet fairly close. I am not very mobile right now...so closer the better.

I live in Shelbyville, actually between Shelbyville and Columbus. Looking to start a club in this area...Shelbyville Rushville Columbus Greenfield etc...I am trying to locate somewhere to meet fairly close. I am not very mobile right now...so closer the better.

Jay, this sounds promising- would like to meet you and talk (and look at) models! Not real familiar with the area between Shelbyville and Columbus- but I have been to Greensberg several times- Can you suggest a meeting place? One problem- my work schedule is very irregular so suggest a time and I will see if it will work.

thats sounds cool...not sure how to set up a meeting other than on here...but I can give you my phone number...if that is approved by the moderator on here.

Jay Shively 317-512-5286