Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rushin' Hippie: a slightly modernized 68 Cougar Nostalgia Funny-Car

Claude Thibodeau

19 hours ago, gseeds said:

70’s Perfect , just awesome!!! Love it ! 

Thank you Gary!

Coming from a master painter, it's quite the compliment. I'm flattered!

I'm currently finishing a 68 javelin funny-car, in the same vein. I think you might love it. Stay tuned... 

CT 

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 8:50 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Thank you Gary!

Coming from a master painter, it's quite the compliment. I'm flattered!

I'm currently finishing a 68 javelin funny-car, in the same vein. I think you might love it. Stay tuned... 

CT 

Can’t wait to see it !! 

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the time and effort you described in laying down the paint Claude. That's a massive amount of effort executed perfectly.  You and John Teresi have a LOT in common......nicely done.  tim

On 7/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Dave Armstrong said:

Claude...absolutely beautiful! Wow! Love it- and I'm with you about the era of individualistic cars- the funnys, gassers, all of it. Your work is always a wonder to look at.

Thank you Dave!

I see you are from Tucson. I visited your state and city a few years ago. Loved it. Certainly hot, but... hardly any humidity. Ideal to spray paint models!

CT

On 7/22/2022 at 4:19 PM, Codi said:

I appreciate the time and effort you described in laying down the paint Claude. That's a massive amount of effort executed perfectly.  You and John Teresi have a LOT in common......nicely done.  tim

Hi Tim!

Thanks for the comments.

Mr. Teresi is certainly one of the best modelers of his generation. He tackles subjects that are original, distinctive, and always with perfect execution. He is a source of inspiration for me, just as you are. Thanks again!

CT 

On 7/25/2022 at 8:11 AM, Rocking Rodney Rat said:

I'm not sure how I missed this one! I love the "Jackson Pollock" paint job. Well done. It looks like you made some mods to the too tall (to fit under a body) roll cage on the Wild Willie chassis. 

-RRR

Hi RRR!

Thank you for the comments.

I had never imagined that one of my models and the great Jason Pollock could be in the same sentence... But given the techniques I used for this paint experiment, I get your drift.

What now? A Picasso homage? We'll see! LOL. 

There is a 68 Javelin FC "glue bomb rescue" that I'm finishing this week end. It might qualify...

CT