Model Cars Magazine Forum

Someone Explain This Sign to Me, Please.

Snake45

This sign was in the bathroom of the health care facility I busted out of today after nearly 5 weeks. Can someone explain to me what it means, and why it reads from right to left? What is the thing on the far left, and why is it apparently okay? 

restroom-etiquette-sign-nhe-18562_1000_3

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Snake45 said:

...why it reads from right to left?

Because common core?

I think the pictogram could also be read: if the toilet's broke, there's no paper anyway, and you notice a tank of high-pressure gas with a fuse on it, pour yourself a shot-glass of something.

EDIT...and glad you're back with a worthy item for contemplation.   :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
PC
  • Haha 1

I find the sign disgusting!!!!! 

How anyone can just ASUME that the pictured products are only used by those that identify as 'Famine'?!?! Even the term Feminine is disgusting.....completely ignoring the other 60 genders and excluding the new 'TOOTH' gender. 

How does this happen in 2022?

🤬

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Even "flushable " wipes are not that at all. My X liked to use those. Nothing like a backed up toilet because of it. If you think it is flushable do a simple test.  Get 2 buckets of water. Fill 1/2 way to the top place the wipe in one and the equal amount of TP in the other. If the wipe does not break down as fast as the TP it is not flushable. 

Seems that the entire world is "iconizinig", I guess they are understood by people speaking any language.  At least this one did have an English text supplementing the pictures.  Seems like we are reverting to the means of communication used in ancient Egypt. Pictures, no words. :)

shutterstock-546677377.jpg

Per the sign...  my grandfather had a sense of humor.  One time we all were at a resort that had a sign in each bathroom that said  "Place All Solid Material In Waste Basket"....  He wondered out loud... 💩   Us kids thought he was hilarious!  

Welcome back Snake.  Live long and prosper!

Edited by Tom Geiger
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, peteski said:

Seems that the entire world is "iconizinig", I guess they are understood by people speaking any language.  At least this one did have an English text supplementing the pictures.  Seems like we are reverting to the means of communication used in ancient Egypt. Pictures, no words. :)

shutterstock-546677377.jpg

It make sense about the iconizing for some things. Can you image how big that sign would have to be if it encompassed multiple languages.

• Haha 1