Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 60 impala

TNT

This one i like. But when it was ready to put together the frame was to low. To hide it i put on the lake pipes from the 48 or 49 merc kit. Bought another to figure out what went wrong, may be the dash and windshield. 

20220403_232509.jpg.bd7331e4f997447025f3bcca70519653.jpg

20220403_232653.jpg.0dfab9038d8b33d07dcaf39b30056998.jpg

20220403_232715.jpg.43d4fb34065a45d7d04eee23798df41f.jpg

20220403_232801.jpg.6eceee9ec63648e4fc171fbb419a2a12.jpg 20220403_232456.jpg.991b0019bdba38b322dd7953f4618595.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Very nice, the pipes look good. I like the color choice. Where did the tail lights co.e from?

Thanks. The tail lights are an option in the kit.

9 minutes ago, misterNNL said:

Nice model my man. These were new cars the year I graduated from high school so I 'm partial them.

Thanks. I was born in 63 and the wife 68 so i do like building them. I graduated in 81 so not much to like then. 😁 be nice to go back in time and buy about 10 of them and some convertibles also. Imagine what a show room fresh 60 impala with less than 100 miles would be worth? It would have to break 100g. I would think.

The color looks very 1960 and the '59 Caddy taillights look great for that time period. I remember building this same kit years ago and had the same frame showing problem you mentioned. I think the frame also showed a little on the 1:1 back then anyway. A good friend of mine had one of these when they were just a few years old. Beautiful car until a drunken tree walked out in front of him one night. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, espo said:

The color looks very 1960 and the '59 Caddy taillights look great for that time period. I remember building this same kit years ago and had the same frame showing problem you mentioned. I think the frame also showed a little on the 1:1 back then anyway. A good friend of mine had one of these when they were just a few years old. Beautiful car until a drunken tree walked out in front of him one night. 

Them darn drunken trees will get you ever time. I hit a drunken curb once way back when.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, happy grumpy said:

The impala series from revell build into nice models, you certainly did this one justice. Great job

Thanks. This may have been the special edition. Those are super nice kits.

Good job! Very attractive aqua color; what paint/color is that? I don't generally care for side pipes, but here they seem to compliment the other long horizontal chrome strips very well. Such a sharp model - well done.

10 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Good job! Very attractive aqua color; what paint/color is that? I don't generally care for side pipes, but here they seem to compliment the other long horizontal chrome strips very well. Such a sharp model - well done.

Thanks. I think that color was krylon something like a seafoam. 

• Thanks 1

Well done Anthony , beautiful Impala and a great color too !  You're probably right about the windshield and dash causing the problem , could also be the interior to frame a little off . It doesn't take much and they all can add up really fast .

10 hours ago, TooOld said:

Well done Anthony , beautiful Impala and a great color too !  You're probably right about the windshield and dash causing the problem , could also be the interior to frame a little off . It doesn't take much and they all can add up really fast .

Thanks.  You have some really nice builds also.