Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Ford Del Rio

Limeyglue

Just started working on this.  So far I've lowered it all round using dropped spindles in the front and lowering blocks in the rear. Fitted the wheels from a Revell 32 Ford using modified parts box backing plates so I could use the metal pins from the kit. 

Thanks for looking Lee 

20220530_204154.jpg

20220530_204213.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, dsummone said:

It looks really good, I’m not generally a big fan of lowered cars but it fits that Ford perfectly. 

Thanks not lowered much as you need to chop it to bits to get clearance if you go any lower

I like the lowered look myself and really enjoy this and the '57 Ford coupe as well. One bit of a heads up on the front inner wheel well when lowering this kit. The inner wheel well doesn't give you much clearance for the front tires when you lower these. The wagon kit has a slighhtly better design than what Revell had in the coupe, but you may still have to do a little reshaping in the area to the rear of the front tire. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

I like the lowered look myself and really enjoy this and the '57 Ford coupe as well. One bit of a heads up on the front inner wheel well when lowering this kit. The inner wheel well doesn't give you much clearance for the front tires when you lower these. The wagon kit has a slighhtly better design than what Revell had in the coupe, but you may still have to do a little reshaping in the area to the rear of the front tire. 

The tire just misses the inner fender how it is. Its what decided the amount of drop

6 hours ago, dino246gt said:

I love the look of this one already, dropped and rollin' on 5 spokes!

You can't go wrong with those rims, on almost everything, pre this century!

Have you decided on body colours yet?

Thanks Dino.

It's going to be pearl white and pearl yellow 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...