Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT The Green Hornet Black Beauty Kit

10 hours ago, oldrevellfan said:

I think I find some image of what should be in the box:

No that's the box bottom to the Polar Lights 1/32 kit. This new 1/25 kit doesn't even technically exist yet, let alone have a box printed for it already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Blues Brothers film is several decades old at this point and the sequel wasn't particularly well-received IIRC, and even that one is a couple of decades old.

FWIW there is a 1:24 diecast of the Bluesmobile.

https://www.3000toys.com/Greenlight-Diecast-Bluesmobile-1974-Dodge-Monaco-Blue-Brothers-1980/sku/greenlight84011?gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkZV-vifyEACPkhNms_89Yvxu1DHmeJUtp2FH1BQ_Aq5JNGbyjPDOtxoC3TAQAvD_BwE

There also is a 1:32 scale slot car by Scalextric.

Edited by Brian Austin

On 6/16/2022 at 5:45 PM, Brian Austin said:

The Blues Brothers film is several decades old at this point and the sequel wasn't particularly well-received IIRC, and even that one is a couple of decades old.

FWIW there is a 1:24 diecast of the Bluesmobile.

https://www.3000toys.com/Greenlight-Diecast-Bluesmobile-1974-Dodge-Monaco-Blue-Brothers-1980/sku/greenlight84011?gclid=CjwKCAjwqauVBhBGEiwAXOepkZV-vifyEACPkhNms_89Yvxu1DHmeJUtp2FH1BQ_Aq5JNGbyjPDOtxoC3TAQAvD_BwE

There also is a 1:32 scale slot car by Scalextric.

I'm not a fan of the GL 1:24 diecast, it always seemed a little off to me. And as esoteric a subject matter as the Bluesmobile, it is still MUCH more well known than the Black Beauty, who NO ONE would have predicted would be produced. Count me in for a case of Bluesmobile kits!

I do agree with you on the sequel. Other than the music and the car pile up, blecch!

Edited by 1967RMP

Bruce Lee, who played Kato, is arguably one of the greatest martial artists of all time. He drove it, and was the real badass of the show. Far more worldwide fans of him than belushi et al. Considering Japanese did the Black Beauty it’s that rather than the series itself. Few outside US know Blues Brothers, despite hopes here. Pulp Fiction is ~25-30yr old now, a generation has never seen it, so Blues Brothers even less likely. 
An anime series in Japan used a 58-59 Imperial custom 4-dr that got kitted too. Just sayin’. 👍🏼😃

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, niteowl7710 said:

No that's the box bottom to the Polar Lights 1/32 kit. This new 1/25 kit doesn't even technically exist yet, let alone have a box printed for it already. 

That's correct.  Box art and instructions are near the end of the check list.  We'll have actual test shots in hand way before that happens.  We're still in the 3D modeling stage.  The design won't be anything like the 1/32nd scale Polar Lights kit, only thing they share is the subject matter.  

-Steve

Edited by SteveG
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, keyser said:

Few outside US know Blues Brothers, despite hopes here.

I'm not quite sure I agree with you. You Tube shows many European tributes to the Blues Brothers. These are just a couple of examples.

Not to mention European owners of Bluesmobiles.

• Like 1

Cool. I misunderstood. I’m a huge BB fan too. Great soundtrack and cast. 
I fell down a rabbit hole looking at BL stuff. I’d forgotten the funeral stuff. I’m not even a big martial arts fan. But BL, CN, and huge car guy  Jackie Chan kind of drew me in. 👍🏼🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, stavanzer said:

Any more news on this Kit?

I've recently seen and held the new Black Beauty 3D printed mockup and it really looked great to me,   I expect Jamie will be showing it off very soon. 

-Steve

Edited by SteveG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 2:46 PM, keyser said:

An anime series in Japan used a 58-59 Imperial custom 4-dr that got kitted too. Just sayin’. 👍🏼😃

Has anyone tried to cross-kit the SMP-AMT 59 Imperial with the customized 4 door? The 4 door is still current.

I'd take a couple of Bluesmobiles. You could even convert it to a two-door, or some of the other C-Body barges that Chrysler was selling back then.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, keyser said:

Bruce Lee, who played Kato, is arguably one of the greatest martial artists of all time. He drove it, and was the real badass of the show. Far more worldwide fans of him than belushi et al. Considering Japanese did the Black Beauty it’s that rather than the series itself. Few outside US know Blues Brothers, despite hopes here. Pulp Fiction is ~25-30yr old now, a generation has never seen it, so Blues Brothers even less likely. 

The Imperial in question:

finished-side.jpg

If Round2 doesn't want to release a kit version, I'll understand.  Really.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2022 at 1:58 PM, SteveG said:

We'll have actual test shots in hand way before that happens.  We're still in the 3D modeling stage.

Just noticed these images from March 10, 2023 on the Round2 facebook page:

gh1.jpg.a59ea09cb40f0a2f1cd9b97a1be6504a.jpg

gh2.jpg.36aaa0f9ea8f1961e91c454022d269d1.jpg

gh3.jpg.a2c3690b8c747648cffcbc85e66c450a.jpg

gh4.jpg.33755d75de60b4a00524edce36997e40.jpg

gh5.jpg.214aaf43105256ce4ad81a6bb3f62460.jpg

gh6.jpg.1350f6be94c9266f40bf51b2e81bbe46.jpg

gh7.jpg.e10276c09ec824fb6973bf1f5976b9d3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1