Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kits from down under

285887501_10159632731509003_163283007921

DDA Collectibles have announced some very cool 1:24 plastic model kits due in the 4th quarter of 2022. The first kits will be variants of the Holden HQ sedan, the Kingswood, a GTS and a Custom HQ. These will include body, interior parts, engine and trim.
RRP of $69.95.
  • Like 3

I'm guessing those are Australian Dollars?  If so, that would make it about 50 US dollars, which still isn't cheap, but puts it in the ballpark of Tamiya and some Revell Germany offerings, and it looks like a reasonably decent kit.   IF you just have to have a Holden.

If the Australian modeling community can support something like this, it has me wondering if there's a market for a decent styrene Beaumont or Monarch kit.

20 minutes ago, Richard Bartrop said:

If the Australian modeling community can support something like this, it has me wondering if there's a market for a decent styrene Beaumont or Monarch kit.

Here's hoping that this is the case; would love to have some Canadian cars in the collection. I will probably get one of these, and hopefully the company will come out with other Australian muscle cars (the Ford Falcon GT and the Chrysler Charger six-cylinder Hemi come to mind...) 

• Like 1

Thanks lordairgtar, ya just cost me $70 😬

Most Round2 kits retail here for $59 - $69 AUD, and $120 odd for a resin kit of an Australian subject previously, it’s not too bad. I’m guessing DDA are doing a ‘Revell’ and engineering their Diecast molds to make these kits. Have ordered the Kingy, hoping they do a Valiant Charger, just stoked to have some Aussie car kits.

On 6/8/2022 at 6:35 AM, Plashdaddy said:

Thanks lordairgtar, ya just cost me $70 😬

Most Round2 kits retail here for $59 - $69 AUD, and $120 odd for a resin kit of an Australian subject previously, it’s not too bad. I’m guessing DDA are doing a ‘Revell’ and engineering their Diecast molds to make these kits. Have ordered the Kingy, hoping they do a Valiant Charger, just stoked to have some Aussie car kits.

Comparing these "prototypes" with the diecast examples, I believe you're exactly right about that. Notice the blocks have holes in all of the oil pans for the metal axle...