Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

On 7/8/2022 at 5:57 AM, SteveG said:

I really never intended on saying yes or no while guesses are listed.  However, we've already had our big Move and TV themed announcement of the Black Beauty by Jamie who typically leads all the Sci-Fi and TV and Movie model projects.   I did say this was John G's project.  

-Steve

Hmm, not sure if this question will give too much away, but....

If Jamie is in charge of the Sci-Fi, TV and Movie stuff, what department does John direct?

I feel like I'm in a game of "What's My Line"!

2 hours ago, ss2000 said:

I’ll throw my guesses in- the ‘65 Chevelle altered wheelbase drag car or the topless cutlass Streaker. I know there is a pic of the Streaker hanger shot out there.

Even with their one-size fits all chassis' I'd take 'em. Probably not them, though.

The '68 Cougar XR-7?

Edited by Reegs

12 minutes ago, iBorg said:

The convertible Cutlass Streaker fits the clues really well. Of course, I think whoever guesses it should receive a test shot and a boxed kit.....HINT, HINT

It could be or it could be the Un Real Edsel.  That was in the same series of Street Freak kits that the Cutlass Streaker  kit was in.  But , I hope your right about the Streaker. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:47 PM, Tabbysdaddy said:

I thought people liked the Deora for the slant 6. I put it in the Lil Red Express pickup I built. 

That was the slant six engine we had available for a long while.  Until Lindberg came out with the 64 Dodge and Plymouths, which is the best slant ever done in 1/25!    

As such I bought a 6 pack case of Deoras when Hobby Heaven had them on sale back in the 1990s.  Having a bunch of kits I didn't need I went for broke and stretched the chassis to build the Deora Hauler...  This is as far as I went with it.  Note that the hauler body is card stock.

2002323249_deorahauler.jpg.74bcb4c561685f93182b1a934e75a150.jpg697299430_deorahauler2.jpg.56d4a1b873982b27eabd7ea526dbbad7.jpg2088466017_deorahauler1.jpg.58ec4d743905d5d71ed762a5329de3c8.jpg

• Like 1

I saw that abhorrent Bondo Raider's Coach last night in Chris's video. First question I asked was, "Why?"
Then I thought, Well, maybe if I find one that's deeply discounted, I can raid it for its unique parts such as the organ, wheels, and other stuff...

Got to love that LeMans/GTO front clip on that thing!

10 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

I saw that abhorrent Bondo Raider's Coach last night in Chris's video. First question I asked was, "Why?"

It signalled the end of the Custom Car era. This "custom" was all about the car show circus...er...circuit.

1968 was owned by drag racing and muscle cars.

Below: The begining....and the end...?

Untitled.jpg

raiders-coach.jpg

Edited by blizzy63
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blizzy63 said:

It signalled the end of the Custom Car era. This "custom" was all about the car show circus...er...circuit.

1968 was owned by drag racing and muscle cars.

Though judging by all the car show I attended in the early through late '70s, the whacky show car trend was just nicely getting started.

And of course, American Graffiti spawned a revival of interest in more traditional customs in the '70s.

21 hours ago, David Miller said:

Well it might just be another barris junker, sure cant be built stock  .... hpiguy’s latest video 

5F4C4CD3-7201-4674-AE41-FDABB9838DEB.jpeg

This may be the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Me wants, so I can challenge myself to make it look cool.

Slam it, stuff the engines inside the coach, trash the entire front section, chop the roof, equip fatter Firestone Drag 500 meats out back, simplify the lines, turn it into a 4-wheeler.