Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

Considering the going prices for those old Eldon show cars, if Round 2 can reissue them, they have to be crazy not to. 

And by the way, I agree with the comments about the utter garbage that came out of Barris' shop. 

On 8/6/2022 at 3:10 PM, Stef said:

I do hope it's the Streaker. As much as I want both the convertible and 442 hardtop, this altered wheelbase drag car is the one I really have my heart set on.

Well, if you want an AMT Streaker F-85 kit any sooner , one is on ebay right now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203708050945?hash=item2f6df22e01:g:0a8AAOSwao5hmVz0&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoNwcCJpBoUY%2F%2FU0TE2HGeflJnwiMYGcz6QrU%2FxYZsEfIX1npO3KSYzQ01%2F9FCJbOh2ULupGMzYY9Qi%2B5iFzwxHkUrl67zX2BbEbmdTB1ewA4u2c3AbtqVDU9%2Fd4SrA4qQzHumgu6ckk%2BKrcQqUn05ffktr1%2FrWKRoWNa%2BbQoqFMIjnR5EdtSMVKVKXOUvYa90QSsHO0zqB01qvIsjVV8v68%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR5jGmYPXYA

28 minutes ago, Jack L said:

if you buy that now they will release it next week

So true.  Buy today, then Round 2 makes the big announcement on Monday that they will be releasing the AMT Streaker F-85 altered wheel base  kit.

Edited by GMP440

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Raoul Ross said:

The point I'm making is that is the picture that started this whole "What is the big surprise that Round2 is announcing" thread.

That hanger shot didn't start this thread.  The AMT 64 F-85 Streaker Altered wheelbase kit was among many kits mentioned by the forum members as possibly being Round 2's big announcement.  It's was just speculation,  I was the one that asked if someone could post the pic of the AMT 64 Cutlass hanger shot in this thread, because I thought the altered wheelbase parts were in the hanger shot, which some are and some are not.  It just happened that there is another kit named the Streaker, which is the Corvette Street Machine kit that was just announced.  Anyway, just wanted to clear that up.

Edited by GMP440
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, GMP440 said:

That hanger shot didn't start this thread.  The AMT 64 F-85 Streaker Altered wheelbase kit was among many kits mentioned by the forum members as possibly being Round 2's big announcement.  It's just speculation,  I was the one that asked if someone could post the pic of the AMT 64 Cutlass hanger shot in this thread, because I thought the altered wheelbase parts were in the hanger shot, which some are and some are not.  It just happened that there is another kit named the Streaker, which is the Corvette Street Machine kit that was just announced.  Anyway, just wanted to clear that up.

And according to a source I interviewed for my Drag Racing Kits book, there is actually a story behind the "Streaker" name in the original AMT F85 funny car kit....I mentioned it briefly in the text but tried to keep the details a little vague so the subject of the story was to remain unclear....TB 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:39 PM, tim boyd said:

And according to a source I interviewed for my Drag Racing Kits book, there is actually a story behind the "Streaker" name in the original AMT F85 funny car kit....I mentioned it briefly in the text but tried to keep the details a little vague so the subject of the story was to remain unclear....TB 

That story had me scratching my head a bit since I recall the "streaker" fad occurred around 1973-74. The AMT F85 'Streaker' Funny Car kit came out in 1967 which, I believe, was pretty much still in the "mooning" era.

Someone "streaking" in 1967 would be considered a unique, one-off occurrence.

3 hours ago, blizzy63 said:

That story had me scratching my head a bit since I recall the "streaker" fad occurred around 1973-74. The AMT F85 'Streaker' Funny Car kit came out in 1967 which, I believe, was pretty much still in the "mooning" era.

I bet people would freak out if they saw a sreaker.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, blizzy63 said:

Oh, it very much was so, or so the long-retired AMT exec who told me the story said....TB   PS - you are correct, it occurred early in 1967, too!  

Edited by tim boyd

40 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

Oh, it very much was so, or so the long-retired AMT exec who told me the story said....TB   PS - you are correct, it occurred early in 1967, too!  

Think of it this way.  I figure 1967 was a key year.   The streakers would have 2 years streaking practice in preparation for the big Woodstock fest coming up in 69.  And, think of the drugs that took effect messing up everyone's minds back at that time.  Perfect time for that to happen.  I bet those people will relive that again if they could.

Edited by GMP440

5 minutes ago, GMP440 said:

Think of it this way.  I figure 1967 was a key year.   The streakers would have 2 years streaking practice in preparation for the big Woodstock fest coming up in 69.  And, think of the drugs that took effect messing up everyone's minds back at that time.  Perfect time for that to happen.  I bet most of those people would  relive that again today.

Edited by GMP440

14 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Speaking of streaking, my college I went to for my 2nd round of grad school had a tradition called the ‘Naked Mile’ for the last day of classes. A run around the quad.  I did not partake. 

That wouldn't happen to be the University of Michigan, would it?