Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

9 hours ago, Motor City said:

When I was a student in the 1970s, it was $24.00 for season tickets (6 football games) in the student section.  We had a lot of good times.  

Same here...remember those well.  Walk-up student tickets were $3 and I could park on the street for free on the residential streets between Main, Pauline, and Stadium Blvd.  Great times.....TB

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:44 PM, blizzy63 said:

Hopefully, their knees would be too shot by now...😁

Sometime in the mid -1990s Ford contracted with a couple of U of M's most renowned B-school profs and send a bunch of us mid-level execs there for a week for what we humorously called "charm school" (actually, the course had a lot of good content IIRC).   I remember walking across the Diag and seeing a bunch of protesters with their signs opposing whatever was the issue of the moment   Then I noticed their scraggly clothes, graying hair and wrinkled faces.  Then I realized, they were the very same people who were protesting on the Diag 25 years previous.  They never grew up or out!  Obviously, I'm being a bit facetious here, but the U of M, and now Ann Arbor pretty much in its entirety, these days, is a whole 'nother world.  I did take note, too, that for our next two rounds of "Charm School", we were sent to Duke University.   Those were excellent events as well, but sure don't remember seeing any protesters on their campus....TB  

Edited by tim boyd

43 minutes ago, tim boyd said:

I did take note, too, that for our next two rounds of "Charm School", we were sent to Duke University.   Those were excellent events as well, but sure don't remember seeing any protesters on their campus....TB  

Duke is a Private University they would have more control of who and/or what is allowed access to their campus compared to an open campus public university. 

Maybe it's a dragster version of the '69 Dodge Coronet, of which the body after a year or so will be used for a showroom stock version borrowing the underpinning of that other cloned Coronet, the '68!

Dunno just guessing, bet the boys at Round-2 are having a good laugh when reading this tread, and why not...the hobby is all about fun ;)

Cheers

Luc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luc Janssens said:

Maybe it's a dragster version of the '69 Dodge Coronet, of which the body after a year or so will be used for a showroom stock version borrowing the underpinning of that other cloned Coronet, the '68!

Dunno just guessing, bet the boys at Round-2 are having a good laugh when reading this tread, and why not...the hobby is all about fun ;)

Cheers

Luc

It's a good possibility.  The drag version of the 69 Coronet, "The Super Hemi"  would be a welcome subject.  But, I think the mystery kit could be something for the altered minds thinking out of the box.   But, who knows.

Edited by GMP440
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ss2000 said:

Hopefully it's this if it's a t-bird, although I still think it's either the 65 Chevelle drag car or the topless Cutlass.

1189130-26866-94-pristine.jpg

I agree with you  My gut feeling too is  either the AWB Time Machine Chevelle or the AWB 64 Olds F-85 called the Streaker.   I'm leaning towards the AWB 64 Olds Streaker.

On 9/18/2022 at 7:53 AM, tim boyd said:

did take note, too, that for our next two rounds of "Charm School", we were sent to Duke University.   Those were excellent events as well, but sure don't remember seeing any protesters on their campus....TB  

Tim, I assume you were at the Thomas Center at Duke. I ate numerous lunches there when I got my MBA at the attached Fuqua School.  

I didn’t see any protests while there, but after Duke won the NCAA Men’s basketball championship in 1991, the local Hell’s Angels chapter showed up to join the celebration on the main campus!

6 hours ago, Zippi said:

I stopped at the local hobby shop today and I was told Moebius is coming out with a 64 Chevy II Restomod.  Anybody have any more info on when this might be released?

That's a rumour I haven't heard about and yes, it fits the theme of this thread.

It's an ongoing place to throw out some gossip on unannounced subjects.

Let the speculation begin!

6 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

That's a rumour I haven't heard about and yes, it fits the theme of this thread.

Here is a pic of the Chevy ll Restomod box art.  This was in the Moebius Chevy ll first look thread.

Restomod Nova.jpg

8 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I thought the point of this thread was to specifically discuss the "completely recreated tooling" kit that Round2 strongly hinted at? Your thread, your rules. But to this point 20 pages filled with speculation around this one release from Round2, now about to be opened to a free for all? 😵

Like I said, your thread, your rules. I'm just going by your very first post 20 pages ago.

Edited by Mr. Metallic