Model Cars Magazine Forum

"The Rumour Mill"

16 hours ago, blizzy63 said:

'I'd buy that for a dollar...!'

CCI08202008_00000-vi.jpg

%22Turista Turismo%22.jpg

I would put money on the table that the 67 Galaxie kit will be a reissued in the very near future.  That's another highly requested kit.  Probably on the list of subjects Round 2 is looking to release.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, RSchnell said:

X2 for the '62 Galaxie!  To further the point, AMT has issued 1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965 Galaxies in the past several years. We need a '62 to fill that gap!

3 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

The 62 galaxie would be nice.

X4 on the 62 Ford!!

21 hours ago, keyser said:

...67-68’s had weird chassis, so promo maybe better? ...

The chassis may have been different from the standard platform chassis but I thought we prefered a separate-parts chassis (separate exhaust, suspension, etc.)...

To me, it looked fine when assembled.

(The clear roll cage was different...)

26-2.jpg

AMT 6127 '67 Ford Galaxie XL instr2-vi.jpg

Edited by blizzy63
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Motor City said:

A cool and rare car for sure, but a convertible kit with this top as an option would make more sense than trying to cut the roof off of the hardtop.

Rare, yes. A Starlift top on a '62 Galaxie Sunliner won't give you a stock '62 Galaxie hardtop.

'62 Ford Galaxie hardtops were all Thunderbird-styled squarebacks.

4.jpg

amt-1962-ford-galaxie-hardtop-kit_1_30876a8b855d1a1d9873a796d2c8a2bf.jpg

• Like 4

Starlift was an end run for NASCAR to get fastback onto Fords. Boxtops not fast enough, Starliner gone in 61. Clever “removable” hardtop would have helped until 63.5 fastbacks arrived

62 Boxtop may exist, made it thru until late 60’s iirc. 61 Boxtop did too, never expected that. 

2 hours ago, keyser said:

Starlift was an end run for NASCAR to get fastback onto Fords. Boxtops not fast enough, Starliner gone in 61. Clever “removable” hardtop would have helped until 63.5 fastbacks arrived

62 Boxtop may exist, made it thru until late 60’s iirc. 61 Boxtop did too, never expected that. 

It’s all interesting trivia but for me, I wouldn’t be interested in a convertible car kit, even if it had a separate roof.

I would definitely buy a hardtop.

On 11/21/2022 at 10:51 AM, SteveG said:

I will try to post some images sometime after the Thanksgiving Holiday of the latest mockup for item #4 of next year.  In the meantime, here's a big hint!  I have paired up several of these projects, the 65 and 68 GTOs were paired up to make the development easier.  This next item was paired up with '92 Chevy C1500 short bed pickup.  

-Steve

The '96 Chevy 3500 Dually is the upcoming new companion piece to '92 Chevy C1500. See the other discussions about it in the truck section.   

PC074510-Edit.png

PC074506-Edit.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 3:26 PM, keyser said:

62 Ford Sunliner with a Starlift top would be fine. 67-68’s had weird chassis, so promo maybe better? I’ve not seen either promo up close, don’t know if they had decent chassis or not. 

Same as the 66 chassis

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SteveG said:

The '96 Chevy 3500 Dually is the upcoming new companion piece to '92 Chevy C1500. See the other discussions about it in the truck section.   

PC074510-Edit.png

PC074506-Edit.png

Didn't they have this in a promo and a SnapFast plus years ago? Seems like I built a maroon one for my son that looked just like this.

12 hours ago, THarrison351 said:

Didn't they have this in a promo and a SnapFast plus years ago? Seems like I built a maroon one for my son that looked just like this.

There was a Teal Green Metallic C1500 extended cab promo in '93.  See the information in the Truck Kit section:

On 11/16/2022 at 11:14 PM, Robberbaron said:

I second all of the above.  That linked example is a Silverado Sport with aftermarket 350 SS decals.  LOL at "Not a clone" statement: I guess it can't be a clone, since a factory 350 SS never existed.

From what I recall seeing driving around back in the day, I think the Sport package was only available in black, white, or red.

1991-chevrolet-c1500-silverado-sport-very-nice-perfect-for-ls-swap-1.jpg

I remember seeing a few of these around new, and the very rare GMC Sierra GT, which was a 305/5-speed only offering. The Chevy looks really nice in Victory Red, although I don't recall if the bowties were red, black or white with it.

Charlie Larkin

The "New Tooling" for this kit includes improving the grill and mirrors on the (promo) snap kit and early 1990's AMT model kits.

The Chevy Silverado 1500 with the BYP Sport Package similar to the 454SS but with a 350ci 5.7L V8 with Automatic transmission. I'm not 100% sure but maybe the 5speed manual came standard with the 305ci? 

I'd be happy to see the Chevrolet Sport decals from Round II in Silver, Red, and Black.  

My Teal Promo dually is from 1995, atleast that's what the license plate says. Cool kits,  I've built all the versions of it, glad to see Round II taking an interest in the truck.

original-sport-package-c1500-454ss-similar-with-350ci-57l-auto-posi-rear-454-ss-2.jpg

20221213_085838.jpg

20221213_090736.jpg

On 12/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, blizzy63 said:

I don't think any past kit had this top so someone would have to create one from scratch.

'62 ford Sunliner Skylift top.jpg

1962-Ford-Starlifter-prototype-for-the-Sunliner-rvl.jpg.webp

What were you supposed to do with the huge gap behind the convertible's quarter windows when they were raised with the roof in place?

1 hour ago, Mark said:

What were you supposed to do with the huge gap behind the convertible's quarter windows when they were raised with the roof in place?

Keep windows down. 🤣 I have this removable hardtop fetish, this was epic NASCAR end run around rules. Raced once, won, banned. 

http://phscollectorcarworld.blogspot.com/2014/09/ghost-muscle-cars-1962-ford-starlift.html?m=1