Model Cars Magazine Forum

427 Coupe

Hard_2_Handle_454

This is the new Revell 427 Coupe.  I really like the kit.  It builds fairly easily.  The decals are nice and I'd say it's very similar to the roadster kit.  There are a few differences and things that I don't like though.  I don't like how they did the pipes and I think the exhaust outlets look a little large for the car.  I also had some fit issues I didn't have with the roadster.  The hood is glued shut because of one of them The back corner would not stay down.  It sucks because I did a really nice job on the engine bay.   Still, the kit makes a nice looking model.

52136032400_21dd61b1a3_k.jpgSAM_0936 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52134513352_6e6d4a1d9e_k.jpgSAM_0937 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52134513322_78917806ae_k.jpgSAM_0938 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52136032315_dac51f7ef2_k.jpgSAM_0939 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TNT said:

Looks great. Sorry for the problems. Are the redlines included? 

Yeah, only problem with that is they put other decals inside the red line decals.  It was a pain getting the decals off.  Thought I lost one of the cap emblems when putting on those and the red lines.

9 hours ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Yeah, only problem with that is they put other decals inside the red line decals.  It was a pain getting the decals off.  Thought I lost one of the cap emblems when putting on those and the red lines.

Ugh. 

On 6/10/2022 at 1:56 PM, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

The hood is glued shut because of one of them The back corner would not stay down.  It sucks because I did a really nice job on the engine bay.   Still, the kit makes a nice looking model.

Agreed on all counts. The kit is nice, but not without a few issues, the hood issue being the most significant. Nice job pulling yours together! Love the color choice!

VetteLR.jpeg

VetteRF.jpeg

• Like 1

Beautiful vette. thanks for sharing your thoughts on the kit. I have one in the stash I haven't decided yet on the color. Yours turned out really great. The hood issue is not uncommon , I had some builds that the hood did not close properly. Great job on the photography as well.