Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of you may remember a few months ago I posted a model here in “All the Rest,” of a kit one of my students built. The old Hawk/Lindberg “Endsville Eddie”. It was her first model, and she did a fantastic job building it. Since then I gave her another to build. But recently she came up with this on her own. Though technically its not model in the normal sense. I had to share with you. 

I joke around with my students a lot. This last year, I told the kids that for my birthday they needed to buy me a real, full-size ‘66-‘67 Ferrari 365 California. It’s only about a $1 1/2 million for one. But, with all the kids in the school, they should be able to raise the funds. Needless to say, the ungrateful rats didn’t come through! So I quit helping them pass their classes, and they all flunked out for the rest of the year. 

A few weeks ago, my “Endsville Eddie” builder asks me what kind of Ferrari was it that I like? Several days later, she comes in with what you see below. Again, this is not a model in the normal sense as we think about it. But, it was so nice, I felt I should post it here anyway. I hope that’s okay. And that you guys like it. (Though she’s not getting anything better that the A- she already has gotten in the class.) (And since I really don’t have anything to do the grading in that class.)

F0AC6E1A-F011-4AAF-A83F-671673944711.jpeg

BC9AD3EC-C36E-4595-ABDA-397536CDAD21.jpeg

ACA57D98-2A7C-4A0E-B7F1-7266729970E4.jpeg

Edited by unclescott58
  • Like 1

• unclescott58 changed the title to Perler Bead Ferrari
20 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

:D

16 hours ago, cobraman said:

That was nice of her.

9 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Hilarious, and creative!

8 hours ago, TNT said:

That is cool. For students to take time and do stuff like this that just you are a well liked teacher. Good job for the both of you. 

1 hour ago, PappyD340 said:

So cool and thoughtful!!

Thanks for kind words and thoughts guys. I love my kids. I’m almost always amazed how great they are. (99 percent of them at least.) 

On 6/12/2022 at 10:54 AM, gbtr6 said:

That is really sweet for your student to do that. You’re making a difference in all their lives. Good for both of you. 

By the way, any relation to Steve Aho from Mankato?

Perry

Thank you.

As far as I know, I am not related to Steve in Mankato. Aho is actually a fairly common last name for people of Finnish decent. From my understanding, it’s third most common last name in Finland. And it means a “clearing in the woods.” My immediate relations come from a little town just south of Duluth, MN, called Mahtawa. My dad was one of 13 kids in his family. There are 54 first cousins from those 13. For years, I didn’t know of one of those first cousins. Plus my grandmother and her sister both married Aho brothers. So I have a ton of second cousins besides. Trying to keep track of all my first cousins and second cousins, and all of their kids is almost impossible. So, is Steve related to me? It’s possible. But, not as far as I know. 

Below is a photo of my dad (he is in the upper right corner), with his folks, and his twelve siblings. All are gone now, except my youngest uncle Birdie (Melvin) in lower left. The photo is the was only known time the all 13 kids and their parents were all together at one time. And it was taken sometime in the late 1940’s, or early 1950’s.

30426393-C2B2-4BB5-A9F3-3558FFF23CBE.jpeg

Edited by unclescott58

On 6/12/2022 at 6:38 PM, gbtr6 said:

Wow. That’s a bunch of kids. We used to call Steve ‘Hairy Aho’.

Perry

Interesting. Maybe he is related? Years ago, my sister told me that I had to be a gorilla, because I had such hairy legs. I tell my kids at work, because of that and my love of bananas, I’m sure she’s right. I tell them I get paid in bananas, and an occasional bag of peanuts. And as long as I don’t throw poop at the kids I’m allowed to keep my job. 

Edited by unclescott58

On 6/12/2022 at 8:01 PM, gbtr6 said:

That’s funny. Being a teacher, you’re doing a wonderful thing. And it sounds like your kids appreciate it.

Perry

On 6/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, John B. said:

Very cool!

On 6/14/2022 at 1:29 PM, spencer1984 said:

Very cool! And I'd say that's pretty legitimate - it has the tag and everything!

Thank you guys.