Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deforester.jpg

Every chance I get, when I see the owner of a Subaru Forester, I say "Hey, have you seen these with the classic station wagon woodie siding?"  They aways look at me like "what are you talking about?"  Then I say "The Deforester." 🥁  Fun to see how long it takes for them to get it.

New video from Hoonigan, I spotted this car in the back, they never looked at it.  Since it's all factory cars, race cars are the only custom cars (BRAT camper is an exception), wonder if this was a concept to gauge interest, and it failed because the young demographic don't know what woodie wagons are?

• Like 1

It's amazing Subaru survived the Malcolm Bricklin era.  They imported cars but nowhere near enough parts.  Cars under warranty sat on dealers' lots, sometimes for months, waiting for parts.  One of my brothers managed a muffler shop near a Subaru dealer, he got a fair amount of business bending exhaust pipes for them because there weren't enough manufactured ones to go around.  That was before those fancy computerized pipe benders, too...he did them manually.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...